• Latest reply from patiobum
  1. jaytex969

jaytex969

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

May your IPSD be joyous!

How are/did you celebrate?

What goodies did you score?

I will celebrate tomorrow by working a long day and enjoying a MacBaren Virginia Flake before slinking off to bed.

I placed orders with P&C and SP, about a dozen assorted tins and a half pound of Coniston Cut Plug.

Both sites are offering 10% off and SP has lowered the free S/H threshold to $50. P&C added an additional 5% of pipes, on top of the 10% across the board. What other deals have you found?

Gunner, Black Frigate. Say "Hello" to my little friend!
    Posted 2 months ago #
  2. olkofri

Olkofri

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

4nog is also offering 10% off store-wide.

The suxy ones this time are Tobaccopipes.com, they're offering 15% off on pipes and accessories only, no discounts on tobacco—shame on them.

Not the sweet, new grass with flowers is this harvesting of mine;
    Not the upland clover bloom...
    Posted 2 months ago #
  3. ashdigger

ashdigger

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Not buying, but I'll be working and smoking my pipes.

Ubi Ignis Est?
    Posted 2 months ago #
  4. timt

timt

Login to Send PM

Haven't pulled the trigger yet. My cart is seeing a high volume of additions and subtractions (by me), trying to settle on a few things. I just don't need anything and I just indulged pretty hard, so I don't know. It's tough.

Tim
    Posted 2 months ago #
  5. jaytex969

jaytex969

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I also got an email from LJ Peretti, offering 15% on pipes and 10% on their house blends. Tomorrow only, from 8am-8pm, likely eastern time.

Posted 2 months ago #
  6. ashdigger

ashdigger

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Also to be honest, I had zero clue it was tomorrow.

Posted 2 months ago #
  7. jaytex969

jaytex969

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Well, I guess what happens outside of Vegas stays outside of Vegas!

Posted 2 months ago #
  8. verporchting

verporchting

Login to Send PM

I'm trying very hard not to buy anything this year. However, I will be smoking several favorite blends in several favorite pipes tomorrow.

Unlike most normal days where I smoke several favorite blends in ... hey, wait a minute.

Tomorrow I'm gonna smoke my LEAST favorite pipes with my LEAST favorite blends and celebrate ICPSD 2019. That is the International Contrarian Pipe Smoker's Day.

So there.

Posted 2 months ago #
  9. milehighpiper

milehighpiper

Login to Send PM

I plan on smoking a bowl of Aperitif tomorrow out of my newly acquired Randy Wiley Pipe. I will be smoking with my co-worker/pipe smoking buddy after work.

I plan on using the discounts to get a couple of tins to try and to stock up on my favorite tobacco.

Happy IPSD to all!

Posted 2 months ago #
  10. weezell

weezell

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Just ordered some Gawith Hoggarth & Co.Conniston Cut Plug for myself and a very dear friend. I don't know if he has had it before, but as soon as I get it,some of it will be on the way to him...

"the weez"...
    Posted 2 months ago #
  11. autumnfog

autumnfog

Login to Send PM

I'm gonna celebrate by smoking Nightcap for the first time, during a long slow evening walk.

Posted 2 months ago #
  12. User has not uploaded an avatar

bullet08

Login to Send PM

will be finishing a jar of escudo tomorrow. only two coins left in it. will have to see what i'm gonna put in that jar. maybe another coin cut tobacco. probably will be using one of the peterson sh pipes or sytem spigot.

Posted 2 months ago #
  13. jvnshr

jvnshr

Mod

Login to Send PM

Happy IPSD! No purchases here either. I started my day with some Peter Stokkebye Dark Fired. It is mostly for blending but I enjoy smoking it straight.

Javan
    Posted 2 months ago #
  14. chasingembers

Embers

Captain Of The Black Frigate

Login to Send PM

No purchases here. Bank account got hacked. Will be smoking that Irwin's 9613 with some Haddo's Delight later though.

Damnation seize my soul if I give you quarters, or take any from you.
    -Edward Teach
    Posted 2 months ago #
  15. User has not uploaded an avatar

foursidedtriangle

Login to Send PM

I got no money and partially because I spent a ton last year.

Posted 2 months ago #
  16. 3rdguy

3rdguy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Placing an overseas order for baccy.

Posted 2 months ago #
  17. kcghost

kcghost

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I'll be smoking some Mad Fiddler (amongst others) and playing bridge at my local B&M tomorrow.

Posted 2 months ago #
  18. mikethompson

mikethompson

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Also to be honest, I had zero clue it was tomorrow.

Same, usually there a few threads to remind me. Well Happy International Pipe Smoking Day everyone!

Posted 2 months ago #
  19. cohibajoe

cohibajoe

Login to Send PM

TP - 15% on Pipes & Accessories
    SP - 10% Off Site-Wide
    The Country Squire - All Pipes 20% OFF! Everything Else 10% OFF with Code "IPSD10"

Had picked up Peterson St. Patrick'S Day 2016 B10 for $65.

Posted 2 months ago #
  20. yohanan

yohanan

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Smoke Happy, and to Your Hearts Content...Happy IPSD!!!

Smoke What You Like, And Like What You Smoke...Regardless Of What Anyone Else Thinks...
    Posted 2 months ago #
  21. haparnold

Hap

Login to Send PM

It's a dark and stormy day here in Kentucky, so I'm smoking one of my two indoor-approved blends: GL Pease Virginia Cream in a James Upshall Lovat.

I also had an order in my SP cart when the coupon came through, so now there's about two pounds of tobacco headed my way.

De Gustibus Non Est Disputandum
    Posted 2 months ago #
  22. spartacus

spartacus

Login to Send PM

My cart was full of tobacco at some of the online shops. No big discounts so I'll empty the carts and wait for another day.

My smoke list today includes Squadron Leader, Bob's Chocolate Flake, and Black Frigate. Happy IPSD Everyone!

Posted 2 months ago #
  23. virginialover

virginialover

Login to Send PM

No purchases, I'll head downtown for some serious indoor pipe smoking though.

Posted 2 months ago #
  24. cosmicfolklore

Cosmic

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I don't like buying things when they are on sale. That's what poor people do.

Michael
    Posted 2 months ago #
  25. carolinachurchwarden

carolinachurchwarden

Login to Send PM

I plan on smoking some new to me Old Toby from the Country Squire out of my Washington Rob Roy that's been newly fitted with a red swirl acrylic forever stem for most of the day, followed by some Luxury Navy Flake out of my Ardor, then some Hal O' The Wynd in my Peterson Silver Spigot. When I get home, I will likely toss in a little Nightcap for good measure out of my Nording Churchwarden. It's gonna be a good day! Happy IPSD everybody!

"If you can't send money, send tobacco." - George Washington

Posted 2 months ago #
  26. workman

workman

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Today is all work and no fun. A couple of days ago I received 8 tins of Royal Yacht and 2 tins of St James Flake. Tomorrow I'm getting 2 Capstan Blue, 3 Dunhill Dark Flake and an estate Peterson system pipe. I can't remember the shape
    I'll brag when it gets here.
    Hell, maybe I'm going to celebrate anyway.
    Dunno, 1792 Flake and a pint of beer maybe

Smoking is one of the leading causes of all statistics.
    Posted 2 months ago #
  27. cosmicfolklore

Cosmic

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I already smoke my pipe from sun up to sun down, I'm not sure how to celebrate... maybe two pipes at a time? Smoke faster? Bigger bowls? Anyways, I will be smoking my pipes... because I'm awake, and that's what I do.

Posted 2 months ago #
  28. rdavid

Panhandler

Login to Send PM

Popped my last tin of EMP this morning to kick off IPSD.

A thoughtful member here is sending me some more EMP so opening my last tin wasn't as traumatizing as I thought it would be. Thanks a bunch.

EMP and strong black coffee. Life is good.

"May my last breath be drawn through a pipe, and exhaled in a jest." Charles Lamb
    Posted 2 months ago #
  29. sablebrush52

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings

Login to Send PM

Happy IPSD. Ain't buying squat. Got more than enough pipes and tobaccos. It's good to be free.

Duane, sorry to hear about your bank account. Hopefully your bank will make you whole.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

It is pointless to argue with a fanatic since a dim bulb can't be converted into a searchlight. - Jesse Silver
    Posted 2 months ago #
  30. chasingembers

Embers

Login to Send PM

Duane, sorry to hear about your bank account. Hopefully your bank will make you whole.

Thanks Jesse. Luckily I receive texts for all transactions. The suspect activities were caught while pending, and the funds were suspended and in the process of being returned to my account. Still a headache though.

Posted 2 months ago #
  31. carolinachurchwarden

carolinachurchwarden

Login to Send PM

Had the same thing happen to me just before last Thanksgiving. The suspect was located in Florida and my bank froze my account after they tried to transfer 13 different amounts of less than $100 each within a span of 10 minutes at 3 am. Bank asked if they were mine, and I said hell no, I was asleep. Also had another charge at a kennel somewhere in Wisconsin. I ain't never even been to Wisconsin. So shitty that's there're people out there that work so hard at stealing what others have. Had to get new cards and live off cash for the next couple of weeks. I hate it when that happens, but good thing you got a bank that cares.

Posted 2 months ago #
  32. ashdigger

ashdigger

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Duane, my business credit card with the super special super secure chip has been hacked around 15 times in the last 3 1/2 years. Super frustrating. I feel your pain. At least my credit card carrier sends me a card to whatever city I'm in and allows me to call them with specific locations prior to a transaction if the new card hasn't arrived. I guess its the price of a modern world.

Posted 2 months ago #
  33. sablebrush52

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings

Login to Send PM

Thanks Jesse. Luckily I receive texts for all transactions. The suspect activities were caught while pending, and the funds were suspended and in the process of being returned to my account. Still a headache though.

I'm constantly swapping out passwords, adding extra security layers, etc, etc. It's a pain in the ass, but made necessary in today's scum infested internet.

I fantasize that I'll just pull the plug on all of it and just go feral.

Posted 2 months ago #
  34. cosmicfolklore

Cosmic

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

The exact same thing happened to mine, down to it being Florida that the number was caught trying to be run for small amounts. My bank gave me a credit card to use for gas. They said that it was always gas stations where your number gets stripped. So, I use the credit card to buy my gas, and if/when my number gets stripped they don't have to close down my entire bank acct. And, the credit card actually pays out of my checking, but it has a one week delay. That and using Exxon. They said that actual Exxon stations have extra security between their pumps and the store's POS system.

Anyways, between using the card and using Exxon, I haven't had it happen again.

Posted 2 months ago #
  35. mityahicks

mityahicks

Login to Send PM

I was tempted by the deals, but am quite well stocked and got a new Wiley last week that I'm still breaking in. Gonna smoke at least three bowls today!

Posted 2 months ago #
  36. chasingembers

Embers

Login to Send PM

I'm constantly swapping out passwords, adding extra security layers, etc, etc. It's a pain in the ass, but made necessary in today's scum infested internet.

I think I'm going to start a "dummy" account to keep small amounts of funds to add to as needed to cover online expenditures.

Posted 2 months ago #
  37. ashdigger

ashdigger

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

They said that it was always gas stations where your number gets stripped

Yep,that and shitty hotels. I don't get to pick where the assignment is and sometimes all that is available in rural areas are dive motels.

Posted 2 months ago #
  38. 3rdguy

3rdguy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

500G of St James Plug coming across the pond. Fantastic.

Ordered 10 tins of Troost Slices right before this but I am declaring it all in honor of IPSD. Now I just have to wait a few weeks...

Posted 2 months ago #
  39. chasingembers

Embers

Login to Send PM

Finally getting around to the Irwin's inaugural smoke. I love Haddo's!

Posted 2 months ago #
  40. pandapiper

pandapiper

Login to Send PM

I did have my eye on a meer at SP but someone beat me to it before I could finish putting my order together. Im going to say it wasn't for me and I can wait for another to come along. In hindsight I should have ordered from P&C last week as I would have saved more on the preipsd offer. I'm considering getting a few samples from The Country Squire, I've been meaning to try Shepherd's Pie but never got around to it. Tonight's smoke will be from dwindling supply of McClellands Top Quality Gold & Toasted. (If anyone can recommend a similar blend please let me know.. tried 1Q and it just didn't sit well with me)

Posted 2 months ago #
  41. cosmicfolklore

Cosmic

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

You should look for a pipe with a bamboo stem. Pandas like bamboo, right?

Posted 2 months ago #
  42. olkofri

Olkofri

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I don't like buying things when they are on sale. That's what poor people do.

We should tell Sykes to have a reverse sale, with everything +15% just for you, Cosmic.

Posted 2 months ago #
  43. pandapiper

pandapiper

Login to Send PM

You should look for a pipe with a bamboo stem. Pandas like bamboo, right?

I would have to reserve such a pipe for blends I simply cannot stand, or heavy English mixes. Anything tasty and I might not have a stem left..talk about excessive chatter.

Posted 2 months ago #
  44. cigrmaster

cigrmaster

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Happy IPSD to everyone. I looked and looked for a pipe to buy but nothing intrigues me enough to purchase anything. I don't need any more tobacco so that's a no go.

My first bowl of the day is some 2001 Fribourg & Treyer Cut Virginia Plug which I am smoking while I type. I am almost out of this tin and I will be bummed when it is all gone. I have my second bowl planned with some 2012 Wessex Brigade Campaign Dark Flake. I am not sure about my third, maybe some 2008 Escudo or some 2002 Solani 633 or maybe some 2012 SG St James Flake, it will definitely be a Vaper.

Harris
    Posted 2 months ago #
  45. olkofri

Olkofri

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Was hoping to have some cash for IPSD, but the transfer I'm waiting for hasn't come through. Ah well, TP.com doesn't have sales on toby anyway.

I'll just see if I can finally break out my new churchwarden with some Capstan.

Posted 2 months ago #
  46. cortezattic

Cortez

A part of the problem since he ...

Login to Send PM

Picked up a half pound of bulk ODF (rr).

I find myself sitting idly on the line dividing past and future,
    as if I could kill time without injuring eternity. -- Thoreau
    Posted 2 months ago #
  47. lightmybriar

lightmybriar

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Cheers to all on IPSD! Good deals going on.

I love the artwork of Rene Magritte, and I just discovered that a while back, Ser Jacopo made a line of pipes based off of those found in his paintings. I don’t have a Ser Jacopo so I looked around but couldn’t find the one I wanted, I guess because it’s an older line and not as widely available. That will hopefully be my next pipe purchase. Looks like I’ll spend this IPSD enjoying what I already have, rather than obtaining something I don’t. Very good all the same!

On a pipe adventure
    Steve
    Posted 2 months ago #
  48. olkofri

Olkofri

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Ser Jacopo made a line of pipes based off of those found in his paintings.

If you ever have a link to those, please do share. I like some of his artwork too, and once used it as inspiration for a photo series. Empire of Lights is one of my favourite paintings.

Posted 2 months ago #
  49. mikethompson

mikethompson

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I’ll spend this IPSD enjoying what I already have, rather than obtaining something I don’t.

Sage advice that is.

I had to hold my finger from getting a new pipe just because it was on sale. I keep telling myself that when I get my bulldog back from being refinished it will be like a new pipe.

Posted 2 months ago #
  50. User has not uploaded an avatar

davidintexas

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Nothing ordered here. If P&C had had a 20% off sale on tobacco like last year I may have done so, but 10% wasn't enough to trigger a purchase

Posted 2 months ago #
  51. whiteburleydude

whiteburleydude

Login to Send PM

Agree. It takes 20-25% to get my attention. 10% isn't going to motivate me to buy, unless I was on the fence about making an order.

Posted 2 months ago #
  52. User has not uploaded an avatar

username

Login to Send PM

Just some pouches of chestnut and derby club aromatic from P&C as I have not tried them yet. Didnt want to buy a whole tub with out sampling them first

Posted 2 months ago #
  53. jmill208

jmill208

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Nothing ordered here. If P&C had had a 20% off sale on tobacco like last year I may have done so, but 10% wasn't enough to trigger a purchase

No goodie bags? Only 10% off?
    Don’t really “need” anything, but I would usually make a IPSD purchase for the savings and the fun aspect of the swag. I’ll pass.

Posted 2 months ago #
  54. cohibajoe

cohibajoe

Login to Send PM

Yep...Discounts are lame this year.

Posted 2 months ago #
  55. rdavid

Panhandler

Login to Send PM

Two Savinelli 904's showed up today. (thanks to Capt Embers the Enabler)...

A Roma and an Alligator. Beautiful pipes, now I understand. Love the shape for sure.

I thought the USPS would be off today in observance of IPSD? Guess not!

Posted 2 months ago #
  56. 3rdguy

3rdguy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Pipesandcigars 20% code last week some received was the best I have seen, stocked up on Savinelli Doblone D’Oro.

Posted 2 months ago #
  57. raevans

raevans

Login to Send PM

Ordered some tobacco from SPC. But then again, I was going to order it anyway. Ten percent off was nice, and the free express shipping even better.

Posted 2 months ago #
  58. pandapiper

pandapiper

Login to Send PM

If P&C had had a 20% off sale on tobacco like last year I may have done so, but 10% wasn't enough to trigger a purchase

Same here, had I taken advantage of the preview deal I would have got 15-20% off my order with no exceptions. Today's 10% deal has exceptions and it's just my luck they happen to be on the items I would have ordered. Oh well I'll enjoy what I have, grab a sample or 2 elsewhere, and await a better sale to bulk up the cellar.

Posted 2 months ago #
  59. anthonyrosenthal74

anthonyrosenthal74

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Woooooooooo!!!!!! Happy IPSD everyone!!!! I just got home from work... it was my super insanely ridiculously early day. I had to go in at 5am today and all I've been thinking about was getting home to a pipe and some tobacco. Old Toby from The Country Squire wins out for my first smoke today. I'm going to do some browsing of the retailers, and see what I might get.

Arrrrr, shiver me timbers! International Talk Like a Pirate Day is September the 19th!!!
    Brothers Of The Black Frigate
    Posted 2 months ago #
  60. shanez

shanez

Login to Send PM

I'm still almost 2 months away from being able to smoke again so I celebrated with a small hot chocolate.

I also got an email from LJ Peretti, offering 15% on pipes and 10% on their house blends. Tomorrow only, from 8am-8pm, likely eastern time.

Did it look like this would be available to all? Cause I got a list of 6 of their house blends I've been wanting to try.

Posted 2 months ago #
  61. snoopy311

snoopy311

Login to Send PM

Happy 2019 IPSD to all! Smoke what you like.

Posted 2 months ago #
  62. peanubutter

peanubutter

Login to Send PM

Ordered two Missouri Meerschaum Charles Towne Cobbler Cob pipes from smokingpipes.com. With 10% off and orders over $50.00 free shipping to boot. Added some other items just to make the $50.

Posted 2 months ago #
  63. mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

mothernature

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I've got bronchitis. Happy IPSD!

Posted 2 months ago #
  64. shaintiques

shaintiques

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I've had two bowls so far. Some Escudo in my Sav and some John Aylesbury Luxury in my Meer. I'm heading to the Briary on Saturday for their annual event to pick up some goodies.

I know what I need, smoke, I can't recall the last time I tasted it....Gandalf in the mines of Moria.

"we shall have to share pipes, as good friends must at a pinch'....'I keep a treasure or two near my skin, as precious as rings to me. Here's one: my old wooden pipe. And here's another an unused one...He held up a small pipe with a wide flattened bowl, and handed it to Gimli. 'Does that settle the score between us', said Merry. 'Most noble hobbit, it leaves me deep in your debt."
    Posted 2 months ago #
  65. cohibajoe

cohibajoe

Login to Send PM

Some New pipes just ordered from TP as the price is right...Peterson Christmas "17 03 ($69) & Peterson St. Pats "19 305 ($88)

Posted 2 months ago #
  66. renfield

renfield

Login to Send PM

Happy IPSD!

No purchases here this year, nothing I need or want on either the pipe or tobacco front.

Enjoying some Pirate Kake and watching The Quiet Man, a classic pipe smoking movie.

Posted 2 months ago #
  67. brian64

brian64

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Only 10% off eh? I guess IPSD has become a minor holiday.

“Bipartisan usually means some larger-than-usual deception is being carried out.” – George Carlin
    Posted 2 months ago #
  68. olkofri

Olkofri

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

LOL.

Hopefully they'll have a major sale on WNTD.

In the end I didn't get to have a chance to smoke. Sux majorly not being able to smoke in your own home.

Posted 2 months ago #
  69. brian64

brian64

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

^ Now that would be a great idea if they did a major sale on WNTD.

Posted 2 months ago #
  70. jvnshr

jvnshr

Mod

Login to Send PM

I've got bronchitis. Happy IPSD!

Get well soon. That's sad to hear.

Posted 2 months ago #

Reply »

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now