PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcr1

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 27, 2014
Has anyone here figured out an easy way to post photographs from an iPhone?

joshb83

Can't Leave
Feb 25, 2015
I figured out the way to post them to your album, but still can't add them to a post. The 3rd party sights like puotobucket and such work well, but posting through a computer whether mac or PC is easiest:/ not sure if that helps much.

antbauers

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
Like josh was saying, you can use a third party site, one of them I use is tinypic.com, they will provide the link or code you need to paste and you don't need to sign up or register.
Just select the picture from your camera roll, upload and copy the code for forums/message boards and paste in the reply box.
Pretty straight forward. I hope it helps.

joshb83

Can't Leave
Feb 25, 2015
I hadn't even hear heard of that one antbauers. Good to know, Ill have to give that one a try when I'm out and about. Always learn something new here.

antbauers

Jul 12, 2013
I forgot to add:
If it's an image from a website or your online album you can save it to your camera roll and follow the instructions above.
OR
You can copy the link of the picture and click "IMG" under "POST" above the reply box and paste the link in there.

bernie2

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 23, 2015
IMGUR also works well from android devices. Simply link IMGUR to your Google+ account and you can access it easily from your phone, tablet or PC.
When you look at an image in IMGUR they have several pre-defined text shortcuts to the images. You can simply copy the shortcut under their "BBCode (message boards & forums)" and insert it directly into your post on this forum. It works pretty well.

teufelhund

Lifer
Mar 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
I've been too long without my computer. This site is amazing and I enjoy the forums, but it really is a pain visiting on you cell phone. I think I'm getting the hang of it though. Maybe I'll try to post a picture or two of some recent acquisitions. Take care all.

pcr1

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 27, 2014
Thanks all, I'll see what I can do. Seems it ought to be simpler these days but I'm not a code writer :mrgreen:

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I usually just download the photos from my iPhone into my album here on the site. Then I wait until I'm having a pipe, because when I have a bowl it's usually while I'm browsing the web on my laptop, so it's a lot easier to insert the pictures into a post from the laptop. I've also noticed just recently that it seems to load better using Internet Explorer than Google Chrome.

pipebaum81

Nov 23, 2014
The server is looking to upgrade its capabilities in the near future. Please stand by for launch!
23_commodore_64.jpg

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Getting pics to your album is a cinch on an iOS device, the problems come when you try to paste the image from your album as the iOS version of Safari doesn't allow you to copy the image's address, thereby screwing up the paste into the img address window.
-Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.