PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pylorns

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Austin, Texas
www.thepipetool.com
Stay tuned. Brian Levine and I will be in Vegas this weekend to report on IPCPR which is the largest Cigar and Pipe event for the Industry - not open to the public. It's where retailers go to buy cigars and pipes for the year, its also where we find out the latest and greatest on the FDA, government regulation, and every once in a while some new products.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
pylorns, that sounds like the mother lode of inside information on pipes and pipe tobacco, and I hope you will relay every possible tidbit and major overview, and any rumors in the air. You are our fly on the wall, not to mention active participant. Drink a pot of coffee and tell all. I know there are probably things you have to not report, but everything you can will be appreciated.

blues4goose

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 15, 2019
Bethlehem, PA
Looking forward to seeing how it goes, wonder if the date change will screw anyone up or if everyone's had time to prepare.

Also, on a side note - This is the last year it will be called the IPCPR and also the last year of it not being open to the public. They're changing the name to the PCA (premium cigar association), opening day 1 to the public (but not allowing sales on that day) and extending day 4.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
They're changing the name to the PCA (premium cigar association), opening day 1 to the public (but not allowing sales on that day) and extending day 4.
Yep, took pipes out of the name. Throwing the pipe smoking community under the bus. Or, considering the location, driving to a remote area of the desert at the dead of night, digging a grave, and dumping it there.

dcon

Lifer
Mar 16, 2019
Jacksonville, FL
Yeah, sablebrush, that has been the industry’s trend since the cigar boom of the nineties. I don’t like it but, it is (was) a retailer’s association and that has been their trend as well. Another reminder that we are dinosaurs.

Status
Not open for further replies.