PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

natenice1

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2014
Good evening all Nate from The Hudson Valley region of NY. I am so glad I joined, started on one of my grandfathers cobs that he kept in the shed! Liberty long cut smoke or chew!!! I was eight now am 42 and have a collection that runs the gamut from vintage Kaywoodie to Dunhill. A technophobe with computers but trying an avid amateur radio operator and restore vintage radios and tie flies and skeet shoot. Retired from the local school district with a back injury and ran for the school board and won! Into all P&W aromatics now all in my regular rotation. Thanks again!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome to Forums, Nate. You live in a beautiful area. I've been there in the recent past, visiting

friends and doing a few tourist things. I think you'll find Forums useful on pipes and tobacco.

neverbend

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 20, 2014
Hi Nate,
Welcome and congratulations on your board victory.
I'm down here on Long Island but I've made some trips to Hudson and NY horse country in past years.

natenice1

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2014
Thank you all for such a warm welcome as I am enjoying Gramercy Park in my new Savinelli Tortuga 305 with Lionel Hampton playing "Flying Home" on a distant AM station receiving on a vintage 1928 Atwater Kent model 40. The warm glow of electron tubes and the faint smell of Ozone, give me the analog world! Life is good.

bigboi

Lifer
Nov 12, 2012
Welcome to the forum Nate!!! Great place to check in with even for us technophobes. LOL

crazypipe

Lifer
Sep 23, 2012
amb054.jpg

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
Welcome, Nate!
Hey, while you're working on your radios and flys (flies? Don't know which is preferred!), it's a perfect time to listen to the Pipes Magazine Radio Show episodes archived here.
I can't personally relate to the "technophobe" thing -- I love all things techy and gadgety -- but it's not hard to listen to a podcast. If your main computer is near your work area, just click on the "Radio Show" link at the top of any page, then click on the episode name for any episode you want to hear. You'll get to a page that describes the episode and offers a link to "Click Here to Play the Show." Click that, and you're probably going to be good to go.
Of course, you can also listen with a smartphone or tablet. Depending on your device, you may be able to do what I described above and listen to the show. Or you may need to use a Podcasting app. (PM me if you want!)
All of that to say, though, that the show is terrific and it's an easy way to pass an hour while you're working on something else.
Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.