PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

bill708

Lurker
Nov 30, 2013
Hi! I am bill708 from Atlanta.I just joined a few minutes AGO. I AM 68 YEARS OLD AND HAVE BEEN SMOKING PIPES SINCE I WAS 16. I have about 32 Ferndowns, 8 Castellos, 5 Ashtons, and about 20 Petersons. My first good pipes was a Peterson standard 309 P=lip. I am looking forward to being a good member of a great group of people.

micdabutcher

Might Stick Around
Jun 20, 2013
Australia
Welcome Bill. Nice collection you've got there. I hope you enjoy this forum as much as I do. Lots of great people with the same thing in common and respect for each other.

Jan 8, 2013
Welcome Bill :) I second what Kashmir said... consider this your online pipe club. There are some great gentlemen and a few ladies here that will welcome you with open arms. I'll be looking forward to reading some of your posts.

werdna

Can't Leave
Jun 6, 2013
Welcome to the forum, Bill. Looking forward to seeing your posts, and learning from your experience.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Hi, bill, welcome aboard. 708 was the number of my inglorious boot company in Navy boot camp in San Diego

in 1968. You have concentrated your pipes in an interesting way among those four brands. My concentrations

are in Peterson, Johs, Benton, Savenelli, and the N.C. pipe carver Jerry Perry. I also have singles of various brands incl

Ser Jacopo, Britannia, Parker, LaRocca, Kaywoodie, BC, Vuillard, and others. 46 total.

bill708

Lurker
Nov 30, 2013
I like almost all of the Samuel Gawith blends and the Robert Lewis blends. As all if you know, these are some of the oldest companies in England. Smoking blends that were originally created hundreds of years ago creates a kind of feeling that you are living in the past. That,to me, is special. Generally, I prefer balkan blends but from time to time I will smoke lighter blends. Recently, I just ordered a L'Anatra pipe from Pipes2Smoke from Max Engel in Toronto. I hope it arrives this week as I have heard very positive things about the pipes.

bill708

Lurker
Nov 30, 2013
When we are walking outside, my dog Charlie is preoccupied with smelling the ground for anything he can eat. This lab loves to chew on twigs, bark, and sticks. As a result, he has not expressed ant preference for what I am smoking! Is it not amazing that dogs will eat the same dog food his entire life?

bill708

Lurker
Nov 30, 2013
MSO489== your collection is a fine array of pipes. I also havs numerous other pipes lies Dunhill. Radice, Mastro, and my newest obsession is Northern Briar from England. I highly recommend that pipe maker.

crazypipe

Lifer
Sep 23, 2012
Hello Bill I'm 65 and have been a pipe smoker since I was 16 too.

Welcome to the group , What kind of pipe Tobacco do you smoke ,I smoke all kinds of blends. :puffy:

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Hey Bill what part of Atlanta are you in? There are a few pipe clubs in the area if you interested, send me a pm for details.

Status
Not open for further replies.