PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

virginiacob

Can't Leave
Dec 30, 2013
I'm proud to introduce our latest corn cob pipe model, the "Chesapeake". The Chesapeake Indian corn cob pipe is a scaled down version of our popular "Virginia Planter" model and is our smallest pipe featuring a 1/2" dia. chamber. It's the perfect pipe to use as a "test" pipe when sampling new tobacco blends, as an inexpensive travel pipe for outdoor excursions, and as a "dessert" pipe after enjoying a fine meal. We've just added the Chesapeake to our line of fine cob pipes on our Old Dominion Pipe Co. website.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Nice addition to the Old Dominion line. I like my extra large and Group 4 (medium sized) pipes, but I've

recently discovered the usefulness of small pipes. These look perfect for a short smoke, trying tobaccos,

smoking really strong blends, and an appetizer or dessert before or after a larger pipe.

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
I've ordered four of these little pipes, and intend to use a couple for sampling some new tobaccos I've got on order, and I'll keep the other two to hand out to dinner guests who might like a brand new pipe of their own for an after dinner smoke. If that turns out to be successful, I'll order several more.

As many if you know, I've got about 100 briar pipes, a few stretching out toward the higher end, but I enjoy my cobs for a variety of reasons. The Old Dominion pipes, in particular, offer a marvelously sweet, clean smoke, and I find myself turning to them when a shorter smoke is just the thing I need. If you get a pipe from Scott Thile or Steve Morisette, you will be getting a classic. These pipes, while not quite the one of a kind artisanal works, are classics of another sort, and provide a thoroughly enjoyable smoke, and I recommend them highly.

swampmouth

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 4, 2013
Looks good and I just happen to be in the market. Hey, good idea ravkesef, handing them out to dinner guests. Not to mention people you might come across in the woods. I have met people in the woods desperate? for a good smoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.