PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Watching this new AMC show now. Anyone else see this show?! it's seriously badass, assuming you like this sorta thing. Very different from anything else on these days. Very slick!

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
It is on the DVR. Saw so many ads for it during the Walking Dead that I decided to give it a look-see and recorded it. Looks cool and different. We shall see.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
I'm curious what others think. It just might be my new favorite show... Depending on next few episodes, but episode one was seriously amazing! Fight scenes are insane for a cable network show. They spent some money, but brilliant storyline as well.

derfargin

Lifer
Mar 3, 2014
Kennesaw, GA
I saw half an episode, and was midly entertained. Fight scenes were cool, but I fear that will become repetitious. I found the acting left something to be desired. Again, I only saw 1/2 an episode, so I'll watch a few before giving up on it. With that said, if things progress based on what I've seen, I give it 2 seasons before the plug is pulled.
I'm glad you like it though.

Sep 27, 2012
Upland, CA.
I watched it last night... Fight scenes and cinematography were very nice but the acting and story line left me a bit flat. Not sure if it's trying to be like the old Kung fu movies from the 70's or trying to reinvent it, but something wasn't connecting with me. I'll give it a few more episodes and see if it grows into anything.

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
Planned to DVR it, then forgot. Will have to see if it's being rebroadcast, or is available via On Demand...

saint007

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 22, 2013
I really liked it! Sunday night is AMC night at my house!
I described the show to a fishing buddy as; A mighty Libertarian warrior and a young boy search for enlightenment in a ruthless territory controlled by Democrats and Republicans.
The show goes great with Butera Pelican in a meer.

easterntraveler

Dec 29, 2012
Actually really enjoying the show right now. I am one episode behind but other than that I have kept up pretty well.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
The season finale was CRAZY! This show has the most amazing fight sequences I've ever seen on a tv show. And the storyline is terrific! I hope it pulls great ratings because I want to see where the story goes.

saint007

Dec 22, 2013
This one might best be viewed with a Nording Freehand and some P S Luxury Navy flake. :puffy:
https://vimeo.com/146217353

easterntraveler

Dec 29, 2012
Not sure if it was the season finale. Generally on demand makes a note of that. Anyway I watched episode six and it blew me away. All kinds if crazy stuff going on. I also love the nod to 80's Kung fu. Really fun to watch.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Nate:
Sorry I missed your original post a month ago.
I'm usually not a fan of martial arts entertainment but the post apocalyptic feel intrigued me and, like you wrote, the fight sequences are amazing. The cast, largely international, is pretty well under the radar (save the wheelchair bound Stephen Lang who is always rock solid in anything he does) but the standouts are NZ born Marton Csokas as Quinn and Irish Orla Brady as his long suffering wife, Lydia.
I don't think the six episodes that made up Season One drew the numbers AMC wanted. Pity. "The Walking Dead" started out the same way - with six shows - but their viewership grew and "Into the Badlands" didn't.
I'm hopeful because I like the show: you've got desperate people in a desperate situation trying to find safety, salvation and, possibly, redemption. Hell, what's not to like? That's classic drama.
At the same time, shame on the production company for not setting the hook deep enough to capture the audience they needed to survive.
Fnord

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
I enjoyed it very much and am hoping for another, and many more, seasons. I liked Bastard Executioner, too, but that will not see a second season. But Samurai Jack is coming back for a fifth season in 2016!

easterntraveler

Dec 29, 2012
Reading up on a possible season two I have faith. AMC is apparently pleased with the over all turn out. Episode 4 had the least amount of viewers but in end it ranked 3rd among shows on Sunday evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.