Pipes Magazine » General Pipe Smoking Discussion

Tags:  No tags yet. 

International Pipe Smoking Day 2013

(18 posts)
  1. gnatjulio

gnatjulio

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

What are your plans for today? I'm thinking some GH Rum Flake, Blackhouse and Penzance. If I get out of work early today I'll try to share a bowl with a buddy. Cheers and happy smokes....

Posted 1 year ago #
  2. gray4lines

Gray

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Starting with Eric Stokkebye 1855, will see where it goes from there..

Happy International Pipe Smoking Day!

Posted 1 year ago #
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

bigmick

Login to Send PM

I'm off today, and I have a couple pipes still being broke in. Sounds like a 5-6 bowl day. PS English Oriental and MacBaren Mixture , maybe a bowl of Symphony to round it out.

Posted 1 year ago #
  4. juni

juni

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I think it will be Irish Flake in a Stanwell flamegrain tonight.

Posted 1 year ago #
  5. smokeybear

smokeybear

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

So far i started with H&H Anniversary Kake in my Medico Varsity on route to work this morning, Next im planning to smoke 4noggins Killington in my Caminetto after lunch, probably finish the work day with McC Chocolate Mint in my Country cob on route home then im not sure maybe something in my Peterson.

Happy International Pipe Smoking Day

A Great Storm No Matter How Great, Will Always Pass.
    But The Clam After, Is What You Must Master, In Order For Life To Last.
    Posted 1 year ago #
  6. metalheadycigarguy

metalheadycigarguy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Happy IPSD everyone! Enjoy your smokes!

As for me I'm sitting in my man-cave, enjoying a bowl of Ashton Guilty Pleasure currently. Have to work this afternoon, but once I get home this evening I'm sure I'll have another bowl of something.

Posted 1 year ago #
  7. dragonslayer

dragonslayer

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Started off waking up in horrid pain, the weather went from 40’s and raining, to 20’s and snowing overnight. Could hardly walk when I got up, so it’s pain meds, some forum writing, packing a trade and gaming all day until mindless TV to fall asleep.

OH and bowls, bowls, bowls all day! Really helps take the edge off. Started with the usual BBF, then an Escudo double coin, just finishing a FVF full strip. Waiting on a strip of SJF to dry – just about there. Have a pile of AK and MC SJF 2015 drying for later. Smoke ‘in it up today!!

HAPPY PIPE SMOKING DAY!

Craig

“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.” Patrick Henry
    Posted 1 year ago #
  8. bigboi

bigboi

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Happy Pipe Smoking to all and to all a good puff!!!

“I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgement in all human affairs.”
    -Albert Einstein, 1950
    Posted 1 year ago #
  9. zonomo

zonomo

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Our Seattle Pipe Club is doing a special event so I'll be heading to Smokey Joe's tonight to hang with the SPC crew. I bringing some Hobbit Weeds and Boswells Berry Cobbler if anyone wants to try them out. Matt Guss is going to be brining me a sample of Mississippi River to try out - will be my 1st English. Fingers Crossed......

Posted 1 year ago #
  10. cajundad

cajundad

Login to Send PM

Happy IPSD to all . Tonight while on break @the hospital , I will be enjoying commonwealth .

"A pipe is the fountain of contemplation, the source of pleasure, the companion of the wise; and the man who smokes, thinks like a philosopher and acts like a Samaritan."
    -Edward George Bulwer-Lytton, 1st Baron Lytton
    Posted 1 year ago #
  11. gnatjulio

gnatjulio

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Just punching out now. Knocked out a bowl of Rum Flake in my Brigham 4 Dot during lunch. Penxance or Blackhouse if I get home early enough.

Happy IPSD all.

Posted 1 year ago #
  12. yadan

yadan

Login to Send PM

I'm celebrating with the delivery of 4 new pipes. Well, 3 at least since one is undergoing surgery.
    Happy IPSD!

"I'm always easy to please since I'm always satisfied with the very best." - Oscar Wilde
    Posted 1 year ago #
  13. ssjones

ssjones

Mod

Login to Send PM

Well, I celebrated my 2nd IPSD in style with forum members Les, SteveG, DaveInPhilly, Hank Saitchi and and the rest of the fine folks from the Christopher Morley Pipe Club at the Pen & Pencil Club in Philadelphia. They had a full room with lots of pipes, tobaccos along with good food, drink and fellowship. This is what ISPD is all about! Thanks to the club for allowing a visitor to celebrate with them. Here are a few bad camera phone pictures, including the "ugliest pipe" contest winner, SteveG. Everyone also received a tin of Sutliffe "Sunrise Smoke" which I really enjoyed. Thanks again Philly folks!

Al

Posted 1 year ago #
  14. tennsmoker

tennsmoker

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

You guys are going to be the ruination of me!

I had TAD-itis today on IPSD. Got in on the goodie bag at P&C to start my morning with coffee and combo 1Q plus Carter Hall 50-50 in a cob. Excellent. Then got to work on some real work to help pay for all this.

Then found out Smokingpipes was having 10 percent off sale here at the Forum. Dragonslayer has had me gaga over Anniversary Kake, so put in big order for a solid 8 oz. Packed around that will be 3 tins of Escudo Navy Deluxe, a Columbus Tobacco Pouch and car pipe rest.

Craig, if the boss finds out about this, I am a dead man.

Happy IPSD everyone. Been a great day.

The past is never dead. It's not even past--Requiem for a Nun
    Posted 1 year ago #
  15. bigboi

bigboi

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Also Intergalactic pipe smoking day

Posted 1 year ago #
  16. metalheadycigarguy

metalheadycigarguy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Our Seattle Pipe Club is doing a special event so I'll be heading to Smokey Joe's tonight to hang with the SPC crew. I bringing some Hobbit Weeds and Boswells Berry Cobbler if anyone wants to try them out. Matt Guss is going to be brining me a sample of Mississippi River to try out - will be my 1st English. Fingers Crossed......

Smokey Joe's is an awesome cigar lounge. Love going to that place. As for the Mississippi River, it's an awesome blend! I don't know any pipe smokers who have tried it and didn't like it. It's great stuff.

Posted 1 year ago #
  17. acaciavet

acaciavet

Login to Send PM

Its funnu I used to celebrate this day but I live in New York State so today is jaust another crap sandwich

Posted 1 year ago #
  18. deleon

deleon

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Smoked a few bowls when I got home, just enjoyed the day and the smoking!

Posted 1 year ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   txbeerboy, cortezattic, huntertrw, dmcmtk, hittelusedpipes, darwin, rsuninv, nitehawk, danielplainview, mcitinner1, kcvet67, iajaffe, sallow, tbradsim1, derfargin, jmatt, ssjones, jd11, toby67, sw0snuff3r, mmjk, anthonyrosenthal74, sparks, junkyarddawg