PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 1, 2012
I recently picked up a couple sample bags at a tobacconist when visiting my in-laws and have been trying them over the last couple of days. They have PS, Lane and Dunhill blends clearly marked and a few thouse blends named after locals. The one that stood out as interesting was a house blend that is 80% lat and 20% VA. Smoked it in a small bowl last night and I swear my sinuses are still ghosted this morning. I can't even begin to describe the flavor as it was so overpowering. Not a bad flavor but way too much. The wifey could barely stand the room note and she will tolerate most of my English blends. I know I like lat but 80% is a bit much for me at the moment. This one is going in a jar and being revisited in a few weeks or months.
Tip of the day: Be careful with blends that have that much lat as you might not be ready for it. I sure wasn't.

jfox520

Part of the Furniture Now
May 24, 2013
Sound interesting to me. I have tried a blend that is 30% Latakia and loved.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Lat to me is like hot sauce.
Some drizzle it over their eggs.
Others use the entire bottle and now have a spicy egg soup and love it.
I drizzle...my nizzle.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I like Lat when it brings up the flavors of the other tobaccos, not as a substitute or an over-riding

flavor. Same with pepper or pepper sauce on food; I want it to set off the flavors in the other food,

not overshadow or obliterate them. Like many, I went through a phase where I craved the hottest

regional Chinese food I could find, but after sweating and weeping my way through a few meals,

I thought, okay, very interesting. Back to tasting supper.

Status
Not open for further replies.