PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

smittyd

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 7, 2018
Pennsylvania
Last night i could not decide between the mild and relaxing Rattray's Dark Fragrant and the bold S&G's Black Twist. So i did what red blooded pipe smoker would do, and i had both. A 50%-50% mix. It was very interesting. Of course it was a strong kick but i also got a lot of brown sugar flavors too and the sent of sweet roses on the back ground . Any one else ever tried this combo?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Whoa, those are some high-test mixes. I haven't done those, but I often mix, sometimes dregs with other blends, sometimes just from full tins or jars, sometimes blends, and sometimes with condiments. If you don't do mixing from time to time, you're missing one of the fundamental luxuries of pipe smoking.

erhardt85

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 14, 2017
I mix black twist 50/50 with HH Bold Kentucky. It is pretty damn good. However it must be stated that for me personally I was mixing it because I'm not a huge fan of black twist by istself and I wanted to get rid of it. It is good though. I always found it strange that I absolutely love all of their brown ropes but I don't like their stoved black ropes. It makes no sense to me. I think my batch was a little burnt.

Status
Not open for further replies.