Interesting Collection of Pipes

(10 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by cigrmaster
  • Latest reply from cigrmaster
  1. cigrmaster

cigrmaster

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

While searching ebay, I ran across this collection of pipes. I have never heard of the carver before, but after looking him up on pedia, I thought it was interesting. The pipes are interesting with all the gold bands and dots in the stems.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bellezia-Craftmans-Collection-Tobacco-Pipes-Miltons-Personal-Pipes/253385656069?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

Harris
    Posted 1 year ago #
  2. jpmcwjr

jpmcwjr

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Here're three of them. I'm not fond of square shanks, and neither is my girl.

I know that you believe you understood what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
    Posted 1 year ago #
  3. shaintiques

shaintiques

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Yeah they are interesting but not $200 + each interesting.

I know what I need, smoke, I can't recall the last time I tasted it....Gandalf in the mines of Moria.

"we shall have to share pipes, as good friends must at a pinch'....'I keep a treasure or two near my skin, as precious as rings to me. Here's one: my old wooden pipe. And here's another an unused one...He held up a small pipe with a wide flattened bowl, and handed it to Gimli. 'Does that settle the score between us', said Merry. 'Most noble hobbit, it leaves me deep in your debt."
    Posted 1 year ago #
  4. saltedplug

saltedplug

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Smooths, but the embellishments are whimsical and don't add to the shaping; odd, and incredibly overpriced.

Posted 1 year ago #
  5. ssjones

ssjones

Mod

Login to Send PM

I had not heard of that shop. It's just East of Buffalo, unfortunately we too far West for where I go in NY.

Al

Posted 1 year ago #
  6. mawnansmiff

mawnansmiff

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I'd like to know who 'Milton' is.

Regards,

Jay.

...take up thy stethoscope and walk...
    Posted 1 year ago #
  7. piffyr

piffyr

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

From the auction listing...

"Master Craftsman Milton Kalnitz of Bellezia Tobacco in New York State [...] One of the Very Best American Pipe Makers and One of the Very Few True American Artists in Briar"

Personally, I've never heard of him, but a few of the pipes are interesting and appear to be fairly well executed. Those oversized bands are a big turnoff for me though.

RESPECT THE PIPE!
    Posted 1 year ago #
  8. sablebrush52

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings

Login to Send PM

Well it isn't John.

They're interesting shapes and with the double comfort stems, quite influenced by Charatan. The spiel on the listing really makes me think it's a friend of the family, or a family member selling these. The price is pure wishful thinking given it's an unknown carver, and used. They might be worth every penny, but that's a lot to spend on an unknown in one lump sum.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

It is pointless to argue with a fanatic since a dim bulb can't be converted into a searchlight. - Jesse Silver
    Posted 1 year ago #
  9. ssjones

ssjones

Mod

Login to Send PM

"Milton" is Milton Bellezia of the shop by the family name, located just East of Buffalo NY. I've heard good things about this shop,but I just don't venture that far West when working the NY Thruway. (it's a few hours farther than my last travel plaza)
    http://belleziatobaccoshop.com/

Posted 1 year ago #
  10. cigrmaster

cigrmaster

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I had never heard of the guy either. I believe it is probably a family member who probably has some emotional attachment to the pipes. Prices are high, should be interesting to see how low they will go. I was thinking of offering 50.00 a pipe, but not for a while. Let them come down on their own for a few months.

Posted 1 year ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   mortonbriar