PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

larrylegend

Lurker
Jan 3, 2014
I came across this article earlier today about the European Union and their views on "vaping" or e-cigarettes as they are also known. There was a very interesting quote in the article regarding how e-cigarettes can possibly "undermine efforts to denormalize tobacco use".
I suppose the idea that it would be the intentions of the health departments of many countries to "denormalize" tobacco is not much of a surprise but is rather shocking to me that that is their stated goal. It seems that the goal of many countries and governments these days is to portray people they don't agree with as "not normal". This occurs with many other controversial topics as well. Anyway, I thought you all might enjoy reading it.
http://thelibertarianrepublic.com/un-calls-countries-regulate-e-cigarettes/

Mar 1, 2014
Freedom and security are fundamentally opposed.

It's quite the predicament.

Do I want to see addicted friends live longer? or be able to smoke at my leisure?

Do I want less car accidents? or the freedom to drive as fast as I want?

If everyone were as reasonable and responsible as me then all these measures wouldn't be necessary, but you probably have more than one careless bumbling fool for every thoughtful and intelligent individual.

Of course, I realise full well that these terms are relative and I may fall on either side depending on who you're talking to.

It's quite the predicament.

Status
Not open for further replies.