PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

nitemair13

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 24, 2018
North Carolina
We had a guy come and power wash our house today. I was outside with my pipe when he got here and naturally it went out during the initial greetings. As he unloaded his trailer I fired my pipe back up and he stops, sniffs, and says "I love the smell of a pipe".
Turns out he smoked cigarettes but not heavily from what I saw. I told him the wonders of pipe and even cigar smoking and may have converted him. If I had an extra corn cob and some Captain Black I'd of given it to him to try.
Sadly all my cobs are either in use. If I'd had a spare one I would have found some tobacco to give him. I just know Captain Black is a good starter.
It was nice to talk tobacco face to face again. Even if he did smoke cigarettes at the moment. Hopefully he left here and went to Walgreens and got a MM Cob and some tobacco.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Sometimes just the thought placed into someone's head can be enough!
My friend that told me he wanted to start smoking a pipe just received his package I sent him today. And was very excited.

redone

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 4, 2018
I’m planning a meet up with a new friend who is a cigar smoker so I bought a couple of new cobs for him to try. He seems really excited to try it.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
It was nice to talk tobacco face to face again. Even if he did smoke cigarettes at the moment.
Yes, it's rather uncommon to encounter another tobacco user in the wild these days.
Given the trajectory of things, you might meet up with him again in a reeducation camp in a few more years.

stevecourtright

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 4, 2018
Evanston, IL
Thanks! That is a great idea - keeping a pipe around that one can part with to give away should the chance arise. I always have extra tobacco....

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
Yes, it's rather uncommon to encounter another tobacco user in the wild these days.

I still see quite a number of people smoking cigarettes in their cars as we drive around. Whenever I see one I try to overtly and proudly puff on my pipe or cigar: satisfies my need to be a lousy show-away and my desire to make them feel they're neither alone or unappreciated. (Now, I have to add that to my resume under Skills: team player.)

deckpiper

Might Stick Around
Apr 18, 2018
I have an extra MM cob specifically for giving to someone who wants to try a pipe...just in case.

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
plenty of cigarette smokers here. few with vape. occasionally i see cigar smoker or two. but never seen a pipe smoker. there was a fiction about last of smokers being hunted down in desert some where out in the west. "reeducation camp" brought it back to my memory.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
I smoke in public when the moment is right. I always have to consider if the location has a good smoking area. I will frequently smoke with others(mostly cigarette smokers) and when I don't, they always ask did I bring my pipes. Its something you get noticed for after a while. Not sure if I converted anyone, most people I know are not too patient.

But I'm sure they think about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.