PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

eriksmokes85

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 24, 2015
From all of the members on the forums that have crafted the pipe they smoke, what was the draw to try your hand at making your own shape? I myself have shaped one and really find it more satisfying to smoke than a purchased one. maybe its because I have cheap pipes cause I cant afford a name brand pipe, or maybe its because the thought that something i built works so damn well... anyways just curious to hear why everyone else tried it out!

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
When I asked Bruce Weaver to make my first commission, we had a long and very enjoyable conversation about pipe making, and why he got into it. This inspired me to give it a try, and he gave very informative advice throughout the process. Very relaxing hobby, and when time permits, I can't wait to indulge myself and make a few more!
http://pipesmagazine.com/members/chasingembers/album/picture/15344

eriksmokes85

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 24, 2015
Dang that is a nice looking piece of art my friend! I keep trying to find time to shape another one.

brudnod

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 26, 2013
Great Falls, VA
Now THAT is a lovely volcano! Some volcanos look like billiards that have had a little effect of gravity; yours is great!

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Bruce talked me through alot of the shaping. For some reason, I had a heck of a time putting that sharp edge along the bottom. It is now a dedicated Balkan Supreme pipe, and smokes like a dream. Sometimes it's hard to believe that it started out as a pre-bored kit from Mark Tinsky. Harder still to believe is that it was crafted by my clumsy hands! :mrgreen:

eriksmokes85

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 24, 2015
I have just order a kit from eBay for 12$ plus shipping. This will be my second one. It's insanely relaxing as well as rewarding. I'm super excited.

Status
Not open for further replies.