PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

scrooge

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
I just got 10 tins of ten Russians in a trade, what should I expect, or should I age it some. no nhurry to open a new blend unless its really good. thks

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Its been awhile since I have smoked any but expect a full bodied English. It is a nicely refined blend and not harsh. Age helped it quite a bit to smooth out the rough edges. I would suggest popping one tin to smoke and then stashing the rest.

seadogontheland

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 4, 2014
I agree with mrenglish!! Capt. Earle's blends are very well made and Ten Russian is indeed a stout blend with a good deal of Latakia. Open one and enjoy...some say you must be sitting down and have something in your belly, strong nic hit for some who are sensitive to nic...very tasty though...enjoy.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
It does indeed have a pretty fair amount of latakia. It's good quality, but I found it one-dimensional. YMMV.

seadogontheland

Oct 4, 2014
I agree with Jud! Didn't want to say it and scare you off...too much Latakia for me to keep interest unless you only smoked a bowl every now and then....I would use it as a mixture...add some VAs or Orientals to it and boom...you got something super good!!

scrooge

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
Thanks a lot gentlemen! Smoking my 1st bowl right now with my large black coffee ITS GOOD STUFF! an that would be me Jud 1 dimensional right,good strong stuff. have a good morning men, I am. thanks seadog I love em strong.

seadogontheland

Oct 4, 2014
Enjoy my friend!! Happy Sunday to you. Sounds like you have a good hour or two of good smoking and drinking! Be ready to run to the bathroom :)

Reactions: drayve85

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Seadog here has me hooked on the Captain's Private Stock. I have been wanting to try the 10 Russians as well but haven't gotten around to it yet. Let me know if you'd like to trade a tin or two. :puffy:

seadogontheland

Oct 4, 2014
Hey Darin...good to see you.

That would be a good trade...Private stock is more balanced with several different tobaccos coming together in a very nice, tasty, medium strength blend.
Darin I already have 7 tins of it stored up...yummy stuff!!

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Sometimes I can smoke 50g of a new-to-me tobacco and never find much to like, which was the case with 10 Russians; but it has such a following that I believe that this was my tasting, not the blend's worthy taste.

hiplainsdrifter

Jan 8, 2012
Ten Russians is spectacular IMO, but not the best smoke for this time of year. Wait and pop another tin on a cool, rainy October day, then you will really be in heaven.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
I hear you ... something about Latakia in the Autumn just fits!
Lately, Burley with coffee in the morning followed by Va's and Va/Per's in the daytime is the routine.
Believe it or not, I'm already down to one tin of GLP Triple Play from our trade last year! 8O

maxx

Apr 10, 2015
Ten Russians is top priority for my next tobacco purchase. That and Old Ironside. I haven't tried either, yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.