PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 26, 2011
Pacific Northwest USA
Found this at a local antique store. Haven't purchased it yet as I'm trying to determine its value.

No box or sock, the pipe has clearly never been smoked.

One side of the pipe reads: "Caminetto J.N.C.C. 2003". The other side of the pipe reads: "Hand Made Cucciago-Italy".
What I have come up with so far is that the JNCC is for James Norman Caminetto Collection, apparently special edition pipes. I have found a few references to completed auctions but I've yet to find any prices they may have sold for. I've also found a few references that indicate the pipe may have initially been offered for $295 when first released? Can that be right?
Anyway, if anyone can offer any insights to the possible value of the thing I'd appreciate it.
This pic is off the web. Not the actual pipe but is identical model.
caminettoJNCC2003.jpg

ulrich

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 25, 2012
Toronto
At that price, I'd snatch that pipe up in a second. I've been looking for one just like it though.

keith929

Lifer
Nov 23, 2010
A similar Caminetto was selling for $120 on smokingpipes.com a few weeks ago and I am kicking myself for not buying it .

Jun 26, 2011
Pacific Northwest USA
A similar Caminetto was selling for $120 on smokingpipes.com a few weeks ago
Ah, thanks Keith.

that's the 1st actual dollar amount I've seen yet. Does make it tempting to go for.

Of course I wouldn't be able to sell it here as you now all know what I would have given for it!
Interesting the number of folks have expressed an interest in it here and elsewhere.

When I 1st saw the thing I really only saw the mustache.

If I go back tomorrow and pick it up it'll be the first time I've paid for a pipe I didn't like!

Status
Not open for further replies.