PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldmannk

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 11, 2014
Hello Everyone,
I have been reading many of the post here and have been a member for about a year. I was hoping that someone could provide some general information about this tobacco? I know its from sometime between the 1930- and 1940.
Was looking to see if it has any value. As most member will say it have value in what someone is will to invest.
I was looking to for information in what type of style of tobacco.

oldmannk

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 11, 2014
Tts and unopened and sealed 250g in original packing(looks to be maybe wax type of paper, with the original seal you can see the German Hook Crosses.
I know it from some time between 1930-1940.
I was trying to find the history. I find it interesting as unopened and in ordinal.
Thanks

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Wouldn't know whether to open it and hope for preserved leaf or retain it as a historical

artifact. The probabilities that it is still flavorful seem remote, but not impossible. I guess

I'd be inclined to keep it intact. Plenty of delectable blends, old and new.

May 31, 2012
Well this might not help at all but that looks and sounds like German and in German "stumpen" is/mean cheroot and "abschnitte" is/means sections so maybe possibly that is some sort of chopped up cheroot tobacco?
Is that all the tin/container says? There is nothing more at all?
I believe Newbie is correct.
&
Post some pictures of the package if possible.

+1
3606.jpg

villi3.jpg

stvalentine

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 13, 2015
Northern Germany
"Stumpen" is slang for cigars. "Abschnitte" means cutoffs or leftover from cigar production. If I am correct about this then in the old days we had only shag tobacco (Feinschnitt) for cigarettes and pipes and leaf tobacco for cigars. One way or another I am happy that I live today and can smoke proper pipe tobacco!

Status
Not open for further replies.