PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Brief inquiry, since soon we're taking a weekend trip /business holiday to Russian Federation -St Petersbourg where various G&H offerings are in abundance at quite a reasonable price I thought it might be advisable to ask for an opinion on G&H Westmorland Slice, strength and nicotine -wise is that one on pairs with Irish Flake and S&G Lakeland Dark,or is it lighter?

Secundo, whats about Glengarry Flake by G&H?I'd suppose this is a medium-strength stoved Virginia with light Lakeland perfume

something like their Rum Flake or Rich dark HoneyDew

Thanks for Your time and comments.

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
Yeah, Glengarry is a mild-mannered, medium-strength VA flake that has a somewhat fruity honeydew-like flavoring. Haven't smoked it in a while, but it's really enjoyable.

Jun 9, 2018
England
Paul,

I concur with what others have said as I too have found Glengarry Flake on the mild end of the flavour spectrum (for a Gawith Hoggarth blend) and I found it not as strongly flavoured as either Rum Flake or Rich Dark Springdew, to me it has a flavour like a very very mild cross between Condor and Ennerdale flake but YMMV.

As for the Westmorland Slices I can't compare them to Irish Flake or Lakeland Dark as I haven't tried either of those yet but if you've ever smoked EA Carey's Dark Flake No7 I found the flavour & strength fairly similar.
Chris

dcon

Lifer
Mar 16, 2019
Jacksonville, FL
I agree with everybody else’s assessment. Glengarry is in the middle of the GH VA lineup. A little more robust than Bright CR but, none of the lovely flavoring of Ennerdale. Definitely a keeper.

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Thank You gents for taking time to answer, much appreciated,

@ PianoPuffer,in Answer to Your question,my guess is the majority G@H production is now being exported to far east and Russian federation market yet in some degree to Spain

Status
Not open for further replies.