PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayski

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 20, 2017
Just started this pipe hobby couple of weeks ago and have dived head first! Already picked up one new and 5 estates with 2 cobbs for fillers in the rotation. Wife is a bit annoyed but hey! So the question is I just picked up this Royal Danish Stanwell 939 acorn for 26.00 first Stan and I was wondering what people thought on the brand and if it was a decent buy. It is in excellent condition. The stem is black lost its gloss, very slight rim darkening and barely any chatter on the button. Don't know how to post a pic sorry bout that.

maduromadness

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 3, 2014
California
In my experience Stanwell makes very good pipes. As long as your happy with the pipe and it smokes well then you can't beat it. That all depends on that particular pipe and only time will tell. But yes that is a good deal. Smoke a cigar....savor your pipe.

theloniousmonkfish

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 1, 2017
A Danish Stanwell under 30 bucks ain't bad. Had a number of them and there's always one or two in rotation, nice pipes.

jayski

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 20, 2017
IMG_0197_zpsfxvwj26q.png
[/url][/img]

josephcross

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2015
I love my Stanwell, smokes great everytime. As long as you enjoy yours thats all that matters.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Looks good. The new ones made in Italy are also fine pipes, though not as esteemed at this point. Welcome aboard.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
Great pipe! My wife has one in that same shape only smooth that she's been smoking for 30+ years, and I have one that is similar that I love. I don't think you can beat the Danish Stanwells for a good smoking pipe. I haven't tried the new pipes that are made in Italy I think, but I've not heard anything bad about them. You are definitely off to a good start, and welcome to the forums.

jayski

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 20, 2017
Thanks for the feed back and I will let you know how it smokes after the first bowl.

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
The stem is black lost its gloss,
The stem is black lost its gloss,
.. I always rub a cotton ball with a tad of extravirgin olive oil on stems that loose their shine. It's not a permanent fix, but a rather inexpensive one that can be easily repeated

Status
Not open for further replies.