PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtgallet

Might Stick Around
Nov 12, 2013
Hello,
As some of you may have seen in an older thread I started I was choosing a new pipe. I ended up picking a Rossi Rubino from Smokingpipes.com Does anyone know anything about Rossi Pipes? I think they are manufactured by Savinelli? are they decent for the price? between $45-120. Mine was about $55. Any info would help as I am finding it hard to find any info about the pipe or the company online. I noticed not many retailers even carry Rossi pipes so I am kinda wondering why. Thanks in advance.

shutterbug

Can't Leave
Apr 12, 2013
Rossi falls under the Savinelli umbrella, which falls under Smoking Pipes.com. That's why you'll see the majority of them there. In the Rossi model numbers are the same as Savinelli (i.e. a Rossi 316EX is the same as a Savinelli 316EX model shape). Savinelli bought the Rossi brand.
Shutterbug

shutterbug

Can't Leave
Apr 12, 2013
Every Rossi style number is carried by Smoking Pipes.com (or at least a huge assortment)
Shutterbug

swilford

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 30, 2010
Longs, SC
corporate.laudisi.com
Shutterbug does that mean only smoking pipes carries rossi?
Nope. Smokingpipes.com carries the full range because we think it's a great value for a well made pipe and because our sister company, LDG, is the US importer for Savinelli and Rossi, but Rossi is carried by a couple hundred retailers in the US at this point (and that will grow with time; they've only been on the market again for a few months).
Sykes

http://www.smokingpipes.com

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
So, Rossi is a fully owned subsidiary of Savenelli. I never know what that means in terms of the tradition of that pipe,

but I have heard nothing but good comments on Rossi. As with Vuillard being owned by Chocom, I'm not sure how

much of the bought-out pipe remains in the sub-brand. I would tend to trust either (Rossi or Vuillard) on the

reputation of their new ownership.

Status
Not open for further replies.