PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
Some of you know about my new car that I recently purchased. Spent 5 years saving for it, right? This AM I get out in the garage to drive to work and I notice a big ol door ding! It was from an SUV's back door. High up on the rear quarter pannel. I don't necessarily blame the children but I do blame the parents for not teaching their children to be careful. I remember specifically when my girls were little, we would make a big deal about how to get out of our SUV and being careful not to damage the other cars around us. I am so irritated by this because I know whomever did this, would hate for someone to door ding their new vehicle when they first got it. :twisted:

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
I had my brake light module stolen a few weeks again.
They smashed the driver-side rear window to get into the trunk to dis-assemble the module. :(
But it's a 2001 Chevy Malibu lol. Not a new car. But it still hurts.
The world is full of jerks. I try my best to be kind and let people know that nice folks are here to stay. :)

eaglerico

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
My dad has a brand new Chevy Pick up. Last week he goes out one morning to find someone had stolen his stock wheels and tires over night, as well as three other Chevy trucks in the neighborhood.
Inconsiderate People Suck
Yup.
Zonomo, I am actually on the other side of your story. I am a really large fellow and constantly struggle to get into my vehicles because people just do not care to park properly. I take great care to make sure I park correctly to allow everyone easy access to their vehicles. In my old Tundra, I got so irritated with it, that if someone was so close I couldn't help but touch their vehicle to get in, and I mean I had to damn near climb in from the top I would let their car have it good. Not saying that is what you did as I always felt the same way you do.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
LOL Eaglerico,
In situations like that I'm still too caring. I'll put a piece of cloth, usually a jacket, to cushion the door to door touch while I squeeze in. Even if they clearly don't know how to park.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
Of course, kids being kids, the parents could have taught them,and the kids still coulda screwed up. I understand why you are upset, though.

teufelhund

Lifer
Mar 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Last week someone probably had their hands full or for some reason decided to set an ice cream cone on my car and they of course forgot about it and I had sticky ice cream all over my roof and passenger window/door. It took forever for me to clean... Why would anyone ever do that? It's not your car; it's like when you come out from the store and someone is leaning up against it and you have now inconvenienced them because you are leaving. I also hate when people spit their gum out, there is always a garbage can on your way into Walmart you dicks.

youngsmoker

Might Stick Around
Jun 1, 2013
Allways park in the back of the parking lot where there is no cars if its possible, there's way too many people who don't respect other peoples stuff.

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
My first luxury car was a Chrysler LHS - in 1996 it was $35,000. Most comfortable car I have ever owned, with my Buick LeSabre a close second. I worked hard, long hours for these cars.
Anyway . . . I had the car 3 days before a "woman" shoved her shopping cart into it and called my wife a "rich bitch". Wrong move, my wife is little, but spunky. She picked up her baseball bat from the trunk and broke out the "woman's" headlights. Then she said, "Let's call the police, there are witnesses." The "woman" left.
Insert bitch for "woman".

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
I take great care to make sure I park correctly to allow everyone easy access to their vehicles.
I would categorize people who don't park properly in the same was as "they suck". I always try to park away from the crowd but sometimes you can't. I can empathize with you being larger. In cases where I've had a tight fit, I *gently* open my door and work hard to protect the other person's property. This giant ding in my car is nothing but carelessness.
Great story plateauguy. :)

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
For some reason, driving and parking vehicles brings out the near-worst in people.

Behind the wheel, everyone becomes adversarial and unforgiving. My heart sank when

I saw the first parking lot ding or two on my beautiful sleek Subaru Legacy station wagon,

the last of its kind that the technician at Subaru is always trying to buy from me. But then

I remembered the sage advice of Click and Clack, the Tappet Brothers, on Car Talk, who

say that the first ding or two are a release from your obligation to maintain a car to

perfection. After that you are liberated to enjoy the vehicle and ignore the blemishes.

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
Within the first month of getting my second car, the first decent looking car I ever owned, someone side swiped my car and left, removing half the paint from my driver side door all the way to the bumper of the vehicle. I talked to my parents and brother and they said "yup, always happens to every car and usually more than once." So now I no longer worry about the way my car looks, I think it is simply foolish to take a car out of a garage that you own and expect it to not come away with dings from careless drivers, heck I just feel lucky that it is still working.
Yes these people suck, yes they are annoying; but they are everywhere and it seems unavoidable.
@plateu, man your wife rocks, I wish I had someone like that :)

mp31guitar

Lifer
Jun 28, 2011
I always make sure not to hit another car when getting out of my truck in a parking lot. I had a guy get into his car one time and hit my truck with his door while I was sitting in my truck. He looked at me and asked "Did I hit it?". Here's your sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.