PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

terrygoldman123

Can't Leave
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
What is your take on the Miami Dolphins debacle? Incognito vs. Martin.
I figure that if they both played for the Raiders/Bears, Incognito would get a medal for "toughening up" this Martin guy or both teams would have traded him a long time ago.

Why didn't Martin stand up to Incognito and punch his lights out. Too much touchy/feely going on to suit me.
They need to light up a pipe and talk this one out.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Watch this Johnny Carson interview with Art Donovan. That's when real men played football.
http://offtheedgehumor.blogspot.com/2009/09/football-player-art-donovan-on-johnny.html#.UoOeky-A2M8

tanless1

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 14, 2010
Incognito vs Martin?...I dont care. Its a nonevent. Its a tofu-turkey for the holiday.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
The level of money in professional sports makes the whole industry crazy. Many fine people in professional

sports, but when a lout plays well and is making millions on his/her contract, he becomes a super lout.

Unfortunately, there are plenty of them. A super lout's idea of "tough" can be super creepy. I agree with

warren, in this atmosphere, we'll never know what happened nor the surrounding atmospherics. It doesn't

sound good.

piperl12

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2012
One good Rugby player could make hamburger out of both these bozo's. Jeeze what happened to men being Iron and Ships being wood. I'm shaking my head. If a guys says something you don't like and won't drop it, you drop him. Simple. I guess that's why Miami wears baby blue, white and orange.

dervis

Lifer
Jan 30, 2012
Hazel Green AL
I think using the word bully to refer to mean words spoken to a GIANT GIANT grown man cheapens the word so we grow numb to it when used correctly. On a team you handle things with the team also.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
Why didn't Martin stand up to Incognito and punch his lights out.
Respectfully, I believe it is actually that idea of what it is to be a man that Incognito was trying to enforce on Martin, and that doesn't work for Martin.

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
Heck, who knows what went on. It seems Incognito went way over the line, but Martin's solution was to bolt the team without talking to anyone in the organization and make a public brouhaha out of it??
As a guess I would Martin isn't tough enough for pro football and Incognito went overboard in trying to toughen him up. But that is just a guess based on no proof.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
All I've heard about it is Martin had voicemails he saved where Incognito was using racial slurs and saying he'd kill him.
Personally if someone called up my phone threatening to kill me and using racial slurs at me I'd be phoning the police for a restraining order. Then I'd be passing the voicemails along to the team and let them deal with it how they saw fit.
Usually with most things the truth is buried deep in the middle of the muck. It probably started out as good natured teammate ribbing that was taken too far and Martin probably should have called Incognito in stepping out of line.
I hope the players are able to sort it out and move on from it.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
Personally if someone called up my phone threatening to kill me and using racial slurs at me I'd be phoning the police for a restraining order. Then I'd be passing the voicemails along to the team and let them deal with it how they saw fit.
Amen.

Status
Not open for further replies.