PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dnietosi

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 24, 2012
Lets say you have a Virginia flake and a new aromatic that you want to try?
Or a Va/Per and some English blend?
And so on...
Which blends/tobacco should go first so you dont ruin the experience? Why?
D

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
I would not do any combo of diff blends at one sitting. Rest your palate between blends. have a meal, or a beverage.

macattack

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 20, 2012
Good call Flyfishn!

Lightest to fullest. Va, Va/Per, English. Aromatic the next day.

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
I'm with Fly and mac, if you don't know which is the lightest, both from a taste and nicotine standpoint. If you know the exact blends, I can be more specific.
hp

les

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Do the Full VA first. Wait a few hours and decide if you smoked too fast. Do you still taste your food? Your beverage? Your tongue and your palate will dictate it for you. The slower you smoke the VA, the sooner you will get the "a ha!" feeling and decide you love the stuff. A VA/Burley or VA/Per/Cavindish would be a nice starting point IMHO.
Va/Per's are great but if you burn your tongue with the heat of the VA then the Va/Per with its peppery note will be hell on your scorched tongue. Sip slow, save the aro's for company that don't smoke.

crazypipe

Lifer
Sep 23, 2012
Any which way i can ,that's the way i smoke blends of all kinds :puffy:

for me there is no order in which way i smoke.

johncorosz

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012
Of any given mix of blends I would smoke first the one I thought would be lightest and most delicate working my way up to the stronger/fuller blend.​

galeon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 12, 2012
The VaPer flake then Virginia flake. Then repeat. I only smoke those.
I thought you were in love with anything with Lat in it, Shawn.

Aug 14, 2012
If you smoke the milder blends first, you will taste them. After smoking something strong, your taste will have difficulty picking up the more subtle blends.

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
I would smoke from light to strong, or from simple to complex.
Virginia would be my first choice, followed by a Va/Per, followed by an English. The aromatic is probably best saved for last because it will overwhelm the taste of all the others.
Honestly, though, I mostly just smoke one or two bowls a day and I often keep it within the same style.
I don't think you can smoke latakia BEFORE anything without negatively impacting the subtleties of the milder tasting blends, so I would always save that until your softer tastes were out of the way...

Status
Not open for further replies.