PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pawpaw

Lifer
Jun 25, 2011
cleveland NC
for me to look up a fellow poster home phone # that has been missing and is working on a pipe for me?

i have never actually spoken to said poster just exchanged PMs and my last PM is unopened and it has been months .I have his mailing addy and with the help of the net anyone's phone # can be found but like my title sez is it proper?

withnail

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 30, 2011
United Kingdom
Normally I would say "no - that's snooping". But if this person has had a pipe of your for some months without any contact, they I know I would look up the phone number and give them a call to see what's occurring!

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
Normally I would say "no - that's snooping". But if this person has had a pipe of your for some months without any contact, they I know I would look up the phone number and give them a call to see what's occurring!

You're doing business with him, and he is incommunicado by your normal methods. By all means find out.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
If you paid a deposit, you would have a strong case. If there is no cash yet, then the situation becomes more fuzzy.
Winton

jship079

Can't Leave
Oct 17, 2010
Only if there is money already exchanged then do all in your power to recover it. If not then forget about it and never commission him again.

withnail

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 30, 2011
United Kingdom
When you say he "... is working on a pipe for me" - do you mean he has one of your pipes and is repairing/refurbishing it or, is it a pipe you plan to buy from him?
As others have said, if you stand to loose a deposit or a pipe you already own, then get in touch! Otherwise just cross them off your Christmas card list and don't have anything more to do with them.

drsam

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 25, 2011
Since I am old, and have fought in two wars and everything in between and I am genetically ornery, I would look him up on the net, call and find out what the Devil is going on and WHERE MY PIPE WAS.

(Did I mention that I am also not politically correct?)

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
If you have his address you could send him a post card asking what is up and to give me a heads up when you get a chance. With a ," Hope all is well" comment for good measure?

Jul 12, 2011
@pawpaw- I have same prob, cash sent over two months ago...still no

word (after several PMs and emails, etc) or my purchase in hand, hmmm

mp31guitar

Lifer
Jun 28, 2011
Sounds like you mean someone near & dear to all of us. He has been MIA for quite a while now. We do know he has some health problems from time to time. Frankly, I think we all need to keep him in our prayers
+1
But, if you find anything out please let us know how he's doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.