PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

eaglewriter1

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 22, 2018
Its an english blend with some Perique. Rather tasty but in my opinion the best one of the American History Series has to be the Old Ironisde Flake.

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
Aaaaannnd it's out of stock. The tin art on these is beautiful, not to mention the good reviews and the reputation of Dan Tobacco as a high quality small blender. My TAD is in remission at the moment, but I would eventually like to add some tins of Midnight Ride and Old Ironsides to one of my future orders.

I like a few of the Dan line of pipe tobaccos, but I just haven't been impressed with the Patriot line, with the cool tin art on it. I have a few set back of each, and The Briary may still have these in stock if you call. I picked them up because they were cheaper than most of his other tins. Midnight Ride is an great blend of Orientals with the Latakia submissive to the rest of the leaf blended, but it seems to have a weird casing that I'm not crazy about. I have recently popped a tin with a few years on it, and I enjoyed it more than fresh, but that may have been dissipation of the casing, or the more homogenous melding of the leaf over time.
If you like this sort of "oriental" blend, maybe try Robert McConnell's Oriental. I like it a lot better. Just an opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.