PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

smokeybear

Lifer
Dec 21, 2012
Brampton,Ontario,Canada
He sent me a gift package just because and this package saved my life today from severe work load and stress.
1006060_10151833170062889_1382679913_n.jpg

I started work early 6:00 am and most days i work to latest 5:00 pm but today two of the night shift guys didn't show and there was just one poor guy who came in and this guy relies on these hours to live. So i volunteered to stick around with him until 11:00pm yes im still at work writing this. Policy is one man cannot work alone in the shop so i am jumping in and out of the shop to my office getting work done just so he can make his hours. This is all fine and dandy its not like im not getting paid and getting breaks like now. but i wouldn't of lasted if i didn't bring along some baccy and this amazing little surprisingly good smoker that i got from Shaintiques.
1173836_10151834464612889_285304629_n.jpg

1175594_10151834464492889_267234514_n.jpg

1184952_10151834464567889_1866202663_n.jpg

1185156_10151834464382889_1902797461_n.jpg

This little Wally Frank Short Shorter is such a great work pipe it is everything i wanted in a work pipe.
Short and fits in pocket

Sturdy enough that i don't need to be very very careful with it

and its a great smoker that lasts 15-20mins which is idle for breaks at work
I'm smoking carter hall in it now and it burns down to a fine white ash.
I must say i am in love with this pipe.
Thank you so much Shaintiques!!

Aug 1, 2012
He's a great guy and one we're lucky to have around here. Sorry to hear about work problems but you're a good man too, helping a fellow worker out like that.

smokeybear

Lifer
Dec 21, 2012
Brampton,Ontario,Canada
Fellas that isn't even the half of it the whole reason he sent me this package is because he read a post I made about looking for a small pipe that I can use for work. After reading that he PM's me out of the blue and just asks for my address. I got three small pipes, loads of tobacco, a really neat tamper and a personal two page note from him written by him that's how you know he is a man dedicated in helping people out. I am honored to have been contacted by him. Really is a great guy.

smokeybear

Lifer
Dec 21, 2012
Brampton,Ontario,Canada
Thanks cap you gotta do what you gotta do. This company wouldn't be the way it is if it wasn't for the employees. Since I manage them I might as well treat them right and be fair while its in my power to do so.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
You guys (Dave and Andrew) are both class acts. Proud to know you and thanks for being who you (both) are.
Brothers of the briar, indeed.
-- Pat

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Glad to do it, I have been gifted all kinds of stuff out of the blue from folks on here. Just paying it forward. What smokey didn't tell you is that he is sending me a trypsis pipe to say thanks. I told him it wasn't necessary, but he insisted. I'm stoked.

canadianbiggame

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 24, 2013
Edmonton Alberta
I wasn't going to post anything forum but because this thread already exists I would like to say thanks again to shaintiques publicly for sending me a package similar to what he sent smokeybear.
I too was having a very long day after flying home with my 2 daughters (both under 2 1/2) and my wife. I was pretty frustrated and uncomfortable after a long flight home and what did I find in my mail box a wonderful package full of tobacco to smoke and some new pipes to try. I can say thanks enough for the wonderful gesture It completely made my night and my wife and I had a great smoke on the back deck.
Cheers to an outstanding member and someone we should all call a friend.
Cheers shantiques!

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Dave is one of my heroes on this forum, as are Roth, Harris, Bradley, Pat, the always generous Wyoming Kid - Capsousie, my fellow Missourian - Ed James and you, as well, Andrew.
The generosity of our forum members never fails to leave me slack jawed, gob smacked.
Shhhhh.
Don't tell anybody except your closest pipe smoking fiend.
This place is magic.
Fnord

lordape

Might Stick Around
Aug 8, 2013
That looks like a great little pipe. I'm hoping I get one that size in my 10 pack of seconds :D

shaintiques, you seem to be a top bloke. It's good people like you that make the world a nicer place.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
Helluva guy that shaintiques! I have a Wally Frank Snorter as well (pipe of the month). This is a photo before I cleaned it up and before I trimmed the broken bit away and reshaped it. I love this pipe for the same reasons you've stated. Great big bowl.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Nice going shantiques, a very impressive gesture! And same goes for you smokey, what a great thing to do for your fellow man!

Status
Not open for further replies.