PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
So Miss Sothron is still convalescing from a severe bought, and then relapse, of flu. That's what she gets for going to town last week. So I'm fending for myself. (Hence the 'round the clock pipe smoking and alcohol drinking). So I'm making myself bacon and eggs for dinner. I picked up two dozen eggs from the hay barn (where the birds like to lay) earlier this afternoon. So no problems there. And I was able to get my hands on a bunch of fresh bacon from a fella down the road. So I've been living on bacon and eggs for breakfast and dinner. What a great meal - can't be beat.
I can't believe various interests have been able to malign bacon and eggs and scare away so many folks from these great foods. I fry up the bacon, drain the grease, and then add my eggs. Fry that mess up, flip it once or twice, and feast on a grand mess of bacon'eggs.
Any other bacon & eggs fans out there?

yadan

Can't Leave
Dec 23, 2012
Central Galilee, Israel
I don't eat bacon due to bibiical dietary laws, but I can eat beef fry instead, which is the same thing from a cow. That plus the eggs makes for a tasty meal indeed!
But if you're a temporary bachelor, you can also try to get invited to meals and also eat out at coffee shops and restaurants.

bigboi

Lifer
Nov 12, 2012
Bacon and eggs is one of my favorite meals, especially when they are fresh bacon and eggs!!!

misterzombie

Lurker
Dec 30, 2012
I love bacon and eggs! The breakfast for champions.
To make this board relevant, if you like bacon and eggs, I really recommend trying Vermont Meat Candy from Hearth and Home. It is delicious and tastes like maple covered bacon.

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
That's what I had today, though I opted for scrambled with a double helping of bacon.
Good for the ol' arteries...
*Reaches for beer*
Say, can you hand me my pipe?

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
Yadan, I'm pretty rural so no coffee shops or restaurants in my immediate future. Plus I would hate to leave Miss Sothron all alone at night.
Bigboi: you can't beat fresh eggs!
Mister Z: hence the 'general' sub forum ;)

englishdave

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 31, 2012
Denver, CO
+1 on bacon & eggs. Farm fresh eggs are a staple for me, I have a local source who provides me 18 at a time for $3. It's my favorite go to food and takes no time to prepare.
Sometimes I just fry up some ham that's fresh off the bone for a change of pace. Get experimental, add some fried onion or mushrooms, or cheese.
A wonderful, rustic food.

wallace

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 20, 2012
Big fan of bacon and eggs. When we go camping/hunting we'll yard out the biggest cast iron pan we've got, fry up a pound of bacon, drain off some of the grease (optional), pour in a bag of frozen hash browns along with a dozen eggs, stir it all up and a finer breakfast has never graced the great outdoors. Love it.

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
Dave- there's such a difference in texture, color, and flavor between fresh and industrial eggs, isn't there? It's a shame so few people get to experience them. Though I guess the same can be said for a variety of common staple foods from milk to beef, to vegetables and fruits. With eggs, I suppose the difference is just set in sharper relief.

misterzombie

Lurker
Dec 30, 2012
Aha I didn't even realize because I just look at threads on the main forum page and not directly in the subforums.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
Bacon and eggs is one of those ace card meals. Simple and always so so good. Add toast, homefries and black coffee or red wine depending on the time of day and you have a meal fit for a king.

Jan 8, 2013
I love bacon and eggs... normally with my eggs scrambled. There's just something about scrambled eggs. And doing what I do for a living, I am a part of many people's meals... as I am the one that sells them their thick sliced smoked bacon out of my counter. Bacon makes everything better.

dottle

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 1, 2012
I have hens here at the farm and there isnt anything better than them eggs and bacon in the morn, or even for dinner,,or lunch, or in between...

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
I like bacon and eggs in all their various forms.

A particular favorite is to pour beaten eggs over the bacon before it gets crispy (though crispy is good too)!

The resultant omelet is pretty rich in terms of fat, but as an occasional indulgence it can't be beat.

captainbob

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 5, 2010
I am most certainly a bacon & eggs guy! My favorite meal. Eggs over easy. Love an English Muffin on the side with Orange Marmalade.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
I'm a bacon and over-easy guy my-own-self...

However; if I go the scrambled route, I'll chunk in two or three quarters of apple-wood smoked yellow ghost chili...

Just for fun. :twisted:
:puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.