PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

reichenbach

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2012
West Park, NY
My uncle died this morning. He was a great man and living proof of the American Dream. Below is the the text from his Horatio Alger Award Winner page:
1971 Horatio Alger Award Winner
Robert S. Fogarty, Jr.*
Founder and President

Habitation Resources, Inc.
"Look for new ways of doing things."
Born of immigrant parents in 1933, Robert Fogarty was forced to drop out of high school at 14, after his father had become seriously ill. For four years, he worked as a day laborer and as a shipping clerk, and then enlisted in the Air Force. While in the service, he earned his high school diploma. After his discharge from the Air Force, he won a scholarship to Wofford College in Spartanburg, South Carolina. A member of Phi Beta Kappa, he graduated in three years. In 1959, he became a management trainee with Burlington Industries. In 1963, he became a marketing manager for a furniture company. Three years later, he headed a large subsidiary of Schlumberger, Ltd., an international conglomerate. In 1970, he launched his own business, Habitation Resources, and quickly acquired Mode, a furniture manufacturer. He took the ailing company to new heights of success.
* Deceased

]https://www.horatioalger.org/members_info.cfm?memberid=FOG71]

Link includes picture circa 1971
Local Paper Obit
To Uncle Bob.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Reichenbach:
It sounds like he was a wonderful man and a true inspiration to anybody with some drive and the ability to dream.
I am so sorry for your loss, but I appreciate you sharing his life with us.
Fnord

Status
Not open for further replies.