PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I.M.P. Meerschaum recently went out of business according to an email that I received from SPC a few days ago. SPC proceeded to have a sale on the remaining few meerschaum pipes that they received from them, and never being one to pass on a good deal, I decided to grab one for myself. It arrived earlier today, and just got around to having some quiet time to open it. All I can say is, "Wow!" Much larger than expected, has a flawless shiny surface, and the silver band is beautiful. Had I known how impressive their pipes were, I would have added more to my collection when I had the chance!
http://pipesmagazine.com/members/chasingembers/album/picture/16053

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
What a shape!
img_20150426_0202181-600x450.jpg

raevans

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 20, 2013
That's a real beauty. Looks like it's big enough to give you a nice long smoke and should color nicely.

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
Thanks, everyone! Got about a seventy minute smoke in its inaugural burn. This is going to be a great reading companion!

jmui

Might Stick Around
May 5, 2015
Great shape! I have an IMP and it is one of my finest smokers and one of my first meer purchases. Too bad I scorched the rim up a bit, but I still love this pipe!

brass

Lifer
Jun 4, 2014
United States
Ohh, Wasn't IMP one of the larger makers/distributors? I'm always sorry to hear of small business folding - well, most of the time.

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
Just found out that after the disbanding of IMP, their chief carver has gone solo, and founded WGM meerschaum. Looks very similar to IMP's designs.

Status
Not open for further replies.