PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lifesizehobbit

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 23, 2015
Hello fellow pipers! I just wanted to drop in and give a quick update on my dental implant progress. The bone graft is done and in two weeks I'll get the posts inserted. Somewhere around July 10, I may see the final fit for the crowns. Still no piping until I'm fully healed so from now, sometime around mid-August.
In the meantime, I picked up a Ropp Cutty and some tins of tobacco including 4 100g tins of the Frog before it disappeared, as well as some 50g tins of C&D blends.
Pipe on brethern!

lifesizehobbit

Oct 23, 2015
The best news is that I'll get new teeth and also become a C-cup. I didn't state that before as I didn't want all of you to be jealous of my pending self absorption...yeah, that's the word.

tobaccojoe

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 30, 2016
USA
Congrats, lifesizehobbit! I have a whole hell of a lot of dental work that still needs to be done. Good luck to you.
Love the avatar by the way. Lovecraft continues to delight!

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
I'm considering dental implants myself, however it seems like quite an ordeal. As for breasts, it would be more fitting to get a reduction.

lifesizehobbit

Oct 23, 2015
Thanks all for the well wishes. As unfun as it is, it's just something I have to do. My two front teeth were heavily damaged as a teenager, and at age 56 or so, my body literally started to consume them like a foreign body. The choices were many, but healthwise this was the best route for me. I have a great oral surgeon and so far I've had very little discomfort (although that remains to be seen for what I think will be the more invasive part).
Someone fire up a bowl for me since I'm still on hiatus.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Best wishes and hope for minimal discomfort and fast healing, and many good meals ahead.

headhunter

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 12, 2013
I have had dentures since I was 40. Outside of my marriage and 3 kids it has been the best thing in my life. If Iknew when I was 16 what I know now I I would have done it then. Of course my dentist told me I had the perfect mouth for dentures which doesn’t hurt.

unkleyoda

Lifer
Aug 22, 2016
Your mom\\\'s house
Youch! I'm glad my teeth and mouth are healthy. I've never had a cavity or dental work, other than wisdom teeth removed. I suppose it didn't hurt that my dad and brother were/are dentists.
Good luck, and godspeed.

lifesizehobbit

Oct 23, 2015
The posts were cranked in last night, and the healing process begins. They added more bone graft to support thinner parts of my upper jaw and sank one post into the sinus bone. Blessed that beyond the face throb throughout the night, today has been much more tolerable.
Four months more healing for this step.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
I need one (dental)implant on the upper back left. Reading this makes me want to move on and get it done. And it makes me want to run away as fast I can.

Your boobs look fine to my eye.

Peck, you are such a sweetheart.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
I am obligated to go with standard dentures; implants would rob my beloved children of the chance to say clever things like, "Keep your teeth in, Gramps!".

Status
Not open for further replies.