PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
73 on St Pats Day, didn't have a Navy pipe. Here it is Didn't want to spend a lot, this one was 195$, quality is said to be good, first IMP for me, we"ll see, it's a large one as I don't like small pipes

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Love seeing you embrace your UDT roots with a USN pipe, Bradley!
But I'm at a loss. What does "IMP" mean?
Is the 17th your birthday?
Fnord

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Yes Jim, Saint Pats day is my Birthday. Here is the info on IMP, no info for what it stands for.

WGM Lattice Rhodesian, Courtesy, smokingpipes.com

WGM Meershchaum pipes are made by Mustafa Albayrak, who was born in 1963 in Margi Village of Eskisehir Turkey, the source of the finest meerschaum in the world, as well as the home to virtually all meerschaum carving of significance. At the age of 13, Mustafa entered the world of meerschaum carving as an apprentice to master Ali Selver, becoming a journeyman by the age of 20. From 1980 until 2002, Albayrak was a partner and cooperative carver for many different concerns, including many projects with the legendary Ismet Bekler. It was in 2002 that Mustafa became a recognized master within the trade and became a driving force behind the IMP meerschaum, and its commitment to incorporate the same engineering standards into their meers which were demanded from any briar worth its salt.

Twelve years, and thousands of meerschaums later, Mustafa Albayrak now commits his considerable skill and vision to the already celebrated reputation of WGM. WGM is dedicated to creating immaculately engineered, brilliantly sculpted meerschaums of the highest quality. Using push-pull delrin tenons, similar to briar pipes, and only premium-grade meerschaum, these smoking instruments are worthy of inclusion within any collection. Courtesy, smokingpipes.com
Currently the pipes can be purchased through Smokingpipes.com and EACarey.com.
They will soon be available on their own website.
Contact Information:
E-mail: wgmmeerschaumpipes@yahoo.com

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
The Meerschaum Market has them also. http://www.meerschaummarket.com/usn-us-navy-emblem-two-wheels-hand-carved-block-meerschaum-pipe-in-a-case-5237/#.VulWmxIrKV4
I smoke this one:

sjfine

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 4, 2012
Very nice. I would love to be smoking that at my kid's next NJROTC drill competition. (And, Happy Birthday. For mine, you will have to send me your best Becker. It's a new law - just passed.)

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
Deuce, the Coast Guard version smokes great. I received it as a present for Christmas 2014. Meerschaum Market has several different Marine Corp versions. They are big and it takes at least 1-1/2 hours for me.

fordm60

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 19, 2014
Happy Birthday Cajun!! Nice pipe, happy smokes for sure. Fury from the sky!!

Status
Not open for further replies.