PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

thesillyoldbear

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 6, 2013
Dublin, Ireland
Well, kind of. We got a great deal on their new old stock and we're passing that on to you at 50% of MSRP, but only while supplies last.
IMP-Header-21.jpg

northernneil

Lifer
Jun 1, 2013
I just took advantage of this offer on the IMP Meerschaum's and was hoping to get a little more information on what has happened with the brand. As far as I can tell, IMP has shut down and the master carver has moved on to start WGM Meerschaum. Is this correct? Can anyone else offer any additional information?

bigpond

Lifer
Oct 14, 2014
How's the pipe? The price is nice. Have wondered about the draw and the comfort of the bit.
Sorry, no help re:brand

northernneil

Lifer
Jun 1, 2013
I just ordered the pipe yesterday, so it'll be a few weeks before I see it. But I will be sure to report back once I have had the chance to break her in.

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
Here is a pic of my new IMP Meerschaum.

It's a Carved Freehand kinda modified Pickaxe.

I've smoked 2 bowls and I can see it become a favorite.

Chris in Red Deer, Alberta

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Yes, their head carver has moved on to WGM. His work can be found at Altinok. Some of the pieces even still bear the IMP logo.
http://altinokmeerschaumpipes.com/wgm.asp

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
Can see why you would think they are, but this is the one that I got awhile back, and no p-lip.
http://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/imp/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=172745

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
chasing, how comfortable is the stem? Can you clench the pipe with ease. Also does a pipe cleaner slide through easily on your pipe? I really like the looks of yours. I have to meers and cannot smoke either one because the stems are so bad. One is a SMS, the other is a CAO.

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
Clenches very well, but have to bend a cleaner to get it through. Very good smoker though.

northernneil

Lifer
Jun 1, 2013
Shikano53, that is a great looking pipe. Those lattice designs can color in beautifully. I have seen some stunning examples (in pictures).
I am very excited to get my new purchase

002-316-2760.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.