PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Just watched National News about Home Invasion in Oklahoma, 23 yr old shot and killed 3 teenagers that broke in his Dad's house, the invaders were dressed in Back, one had a knife, one had Brass Knickles, 21 yr old woman in car, told them when they had broke into an outside shed, that it wasn't enough to to pay her rent. So they broke in the house, homeowner shot all 3 with an AR-15, What got me still steaming was the Reporter ended with Authories are reviewing if Stand Your Ground was reason enough for this. No hope for this country anymore. Nuff Said. Mods delete this if you see fit.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
I wouldn't call it "Stand My Ground", I would label this as the robbers picked the wrong the house to rob. This happened recently in Vegas as well. Three robbers who were in Vegas for a funeral of their relative decided to rob instead of mourn ans two were killed and one wounded by the homeowner.
While losing life is tragic, Darwin is satisfied.

mayfair70

Lifer
Sep 14, 2015
I feel you Brad. Seems the 23 year old acted WAY too harshly and irresponsibly. A very sad situation.

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
Not to mention they were masked.

Good shoot

Mayfair70, I think you got it bassackwards as far as the intent of the original post.

If three armed masked yutes force their way into my house, there will be some ultimate consequences.

mayfair70

Lifer
Sep 14, 2015
I don't completely disagree with Ash and Jack. The teenage brain isn't fully grown yet and I just don't believe in bringing a gun to a knife fight, or a knife to a fist fight. If the guy with the AR-15 truly feared for his life....
Makes me think of all the stupid things I did as a teenager and how lucky I am to still be here. :roll:

I think you got it bassackwards as far as the intent of the original post

Wouldn't be the first time. Unfortunately.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
Mayfair, just because the teenage brain isn't developed three against one isn't good odds, unless the one is armed.
God created man, Sam Colt made them equal.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
@tbramsim:
I feel your sentiments
@everyone:
This is going to make us mad at each other. If there were solutions, short of dissolving our civilization as constituted, we would have found them.
ObSmoke: Former's Straight Grain Flake and Five Brothers.

mayfair70

Lifer
Sep 14, 2015
I know. I worked with troubled teens and once they get on a bad path, there is not much can change their circumstances. Seems messed up all around. I can understand shooting the first guy in the door. Just bad mojo all around IMHO.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
Mayfair, I agree bad mojo, but what if all four were in a room together and it wasn't like ducks in a row?
I just know how it would end in my residence.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
When you get a chance for a clean kill, go for it.
Let's face it: if you love truth or quality, you are a misanthrope.
Now I take it to the next level... I eat their livers... and then smoke Royal Yacht while smeared in blood and chanting in Enochian.
Top that!

mayfair70

Lifer
Sep 14, 2015
Yeah. I guess I'm not too fearful of mere humans. Me against three punks seems almost fair. But then, I've got a sharpened Katana on the mantle and I know how to use it. I respect the homeowner's rights and would handle it only slightly differently.

Some are born to sweet delight, some are born to the endless night...

Great quote Death !

dread

Lifer
Jun 19, 2013
The law doesn't look at the state of mind of the perpetrator, but rather did the homeowner act reasonably. Still, I think it is reasonable to investigate thoroughly whenever a citizen takes a life. That's serious, and there should be no free passes when that happens. I personally would be inclined to shoot first if three masked men came into my home, but I would also understand I would need to explain myself in a legal sense.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
I've got a sharpened Katana on the mantle and I know how to use it.
Good thing to have etched in the wood above your door.
Either that, or I (HEART) EVISCERATION, either will work!
The quote is munged William Blake / James Morrison Junior... but it makes a good point, I think.

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

Yeah. The guy did what anyone else would have done. Three guys in black wearing masks break into your house... you shoot them. They'll review it to make sure there's nothing else to the story and he'll be cleared. At least, I hope he's cleared if he didn't have anything to do with them breaking into his house. The world is a crazy place.

Status
Not open for further replies.