PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
Saved the best for last! ;) Can't wait to put a match to this senior citizen!
14515374897_b15aa4fd93_n.jpg

14721685753_75a46860da.jpg

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
OK, I managed to find this tidbit.
UnionbrdgtornadoThe first successful factory in Union was the National Cob Pipe Works which was opened in 1907 by a small group of local business leaders who saw the need to help create jobs for the semi-skilled labor force in the community. Its first order was for 1,000 pipes from a Chicago tobacconist. Within eight years, the company was producing five million pipes a year and claimed to be one of the largest manufacturers in the world. Employment during this period rose from 10 to 75.

ravenwolf

Can't Leave
Mar 18, 2014
Nice cob. I have been tinkering around with the idea of creating my own cob with a military mount, lucite stem... this sort of serves as inspiration. :mrgreen:

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
I don't mean to detract from fish's OP but here's more info on Missouri cobs. Looks like you have more cob searching to do, Fish.
http://www.pipephil.eu/logos/en/nonbriar/corncob.html

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Given their durability, I love cobs. I don't know the fire science of a corncob, but for whatever reason they hold up to high temperatures in grand fashion, becoming at time a bit misshapen in the process, but serviceable, still, nonetheless. Their only drawback, in my opinion, is their size. But hey, if I want another bowl, all I have to do is reload.

settersbrace

Lifer
Mar 20, 2014
I bet that's one sweet smoker! I'd not hesitate to fire that or any old cob up and enjoy it. A great find Fish!

Status
Not open for further replies.