curl

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 29, 2014
Whoo hoo, I'm not the only one....
http://www.wired.com/2014/09/whats-phantom-cellphone-vibrations/

metarzan

Nov 14, 2012
Ha! Yah I just write it off as heart palpitations or minor heart attack.

Jan 8, 2013
Wow lol! This actually happens to me quite often. I feel my phone vibrate and it's either not there or it's not really vibrating. Sometimes I'll even think I'm hearing the ringtone, but when I reach for my phone I've had no calls or text messages.... Whew! Good to know I'm not losing my marbles.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
I am alwasy worried about someone who starts a conversation with, "I am not crazy."

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Not too unusual if you carry the phone a lot and it vibrates a lot. After you've been on a ship for along time, and

you come into port, when you are on dry land you keep feeling the ground "rocking" like the ship. It's a kind of

persistance of sensory signals. The mind and maybe tactile and balance organs replay the tape.

maxpeters

Can't Leave
Jan 4, 2010
Wow. I don't even own a cell phone. Hell, I still use a paper map when travelling. I wonder when the Macquarie Dictionary will come up with a word to describe ME? Well, besides the ones the wife already uses.

curl

Apr 29, 2014
the revolution will not be televised

but if it's loud enough or shiny, we might look up long enough to take a selfie with the revolution in the background and tweet it.

shur

Lurker
Oct 5, 2014
Thanks for that article, it is reassuring to know I'm not the only one.
Within the last few days I've even had it happen when I was already speaking to someone using my cellphone.

Status
Not open for further replies.