PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
I ordered some tobacco from Antonio in Argentina. He gave me strict instructions that all the blends he is sending me, but one, must be smoked in a cob. He even sent me his suggested order to try them in. LOL What a marvelous gentleman Antonio is. Going to his store in Argentina so I can smoke a few bowls of tobacco with him made my bucket list.
I'm not one to argue with the tobacco Icons. These came today with a tobacco order. I sent the photo to Antonio and told him I wanted to make sure he was aware I was following his orders. The one on the left actually looks a bit snazzy.
img_0414-600x450.jpg

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
This should be very interesting for you. I'm wanting to try some of his blends, but realistically I don't have the time right now. I'll live vicariously through your report!

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
Sounds like an intelligent and well versed smoker! Can you show some of the blends as you experience them?

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Unfortunately, I'm sure my tasting report will not compare well with Jim's. But then, whose does? But I will make my best effort to provide feedback. Hope to get them next week some time. I'm looking forward to trying them. I'm also hoping to really like at least a couple, it would suck not having a good reason to deal with Antonio again.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
Excellent score Hoosier! I would personally smoke the tobacco in a meer and lie my teeth off about using the cob :lol:

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
LOL I think I'll enjoy it regardless. I have no issue with a cob. I just don't think they're all that. But having some fun with Antonio is kewl.

ignaciojn

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 19, 2016
I actually told Tony thanks but no thanks.

I ordered 10+ blends, smoked in both briars and cobs, and loved every single puff.
He also says you shouldn't dry his blends, that each has the perfect humidity. But some of the blends really benefited from a couple of hours of air, to my taste.
He truly is a great and passionate smoker.

techie

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2018
May I ask how the whole ordering, shipping costs, and shipping experience went for you?
I was interested in trying him out but the website was a bit quirky (for me). I didn't understand how it worked, though admittedly, I didn't spend a lot of time trying to figure it out.
Curious to know what you got.

ignaciojn

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 19, 2016
True, the website is a mess. The URL is tabacosn.com.ar.
I suggest sending an email to Tony. He's always happy to reply. The address is maestromezclador@gmail.com.

Bear in mind that he doesn't speak english, and uses Google translate.
I don't know him in person, but I'll be happy to act as middle man, if that's necessary. His passion is contagious.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
He was out of a number of things I ordered. He suggested these, I said okay.
1-Arandú ...................... Open Sunday 19-8-2018

1-Centinela

1-Choctaw.

1-My Special Mix (two virginias and little natural burley)

1-Andullo Dominicano (virginia herbal and andullo dominicano)

1-Regular-II-

1-Argeus ................ (Strong English mix).

1-General Manuel Belgrano ..... (Exotic natural English)

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Why do I find every language but English???Am I just missing it somehow???...

ignaciojn

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 19, 2016
hosierpipeguy, did you get the blends from Tony? I'd love to read your thoughts.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I've been smoking my way through a number of these blends. The reason for the cob is simple. These are some of the strongest, most nicotine laden, blends available today. A large bowl may have you worshiping the porcelain god!
So far I've liked every one of them, and the General Manuel Belgrano is one of the finest "English" blends I've smoked. I've put the quotes on English because it has a strong burley component. The aged Syrian Latakia is wonderful.
What impresses me is the quality of the leaf, aged for years before being blended and sold. None of this "cellar series" nonsense. If it's cased, the casing is very light, and nothing I've smoked so far is topped, just very well matured natural Argentinean leaf flavor in well balanced blendings. Good stuff!

ignaciojn

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 19, 2016
Considering the taxes, the absurd legislation against tobacco (in a country that exports tobacco!), the amounts of red tape and the pure negligence of the suppliers, Tony has it really hard.
He takes great pride in his work. It's all done by him (acquire the tobacco, mature it, cut it, remove all the imperfections, create and mix the blends). It's a one man industry.
It's always nice to have his work recognized.
Thank you sablebrush for taking a chance on him, and for your kind words.

Status
Not open for further replies.