PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ltstone

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2015
I have been smoking pipe for almost a year now and maybe have an average of one bowl a day. I remember having half a pipe of Nightcap and getting sick. Now i can have a full bowl of Brown Irish X and Purple Cow with no effects at all! Is this normal?

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Try it on an empty stomach and see what happens, but yeah, some of us get little effect from nicotine.

ltstone

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2015
Actually I have been on a diet and most of my smoking is on an empty stomach. I'm the opposite of what they say. I only eat late at night and not during the day. So far on target went from 185 to 178 in july and goal for end of August is 173 pounds.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
Interesting.... I too have found that I have built up a tolerance towards nicotine over the course of the last couple of years. I never bought any GLP blends as they all seemed to be quite strong nicotine wise. Now I have all kinds of his blends and others like Royal Yacht and Rum Twist, and have no trouble with the nic-spins. Once in a great while on an empty stomach I might feel it coming on, so I just put the pipe down and come back a little later.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Same here. When the first echoes of symptoms appear, I cut back, and no more bad moments. I've also gone from 10-12 bowls a day to maybe 5-6. I was going over the top, trying new blends, experimenting and simply overdoing it.

shutterbugg

Lifer
Nov 18, 2013
I never felt the effect of nicotene in my entire 40-plus years of smoking cigars and pipes. Maybe why I can stop cold-turkey any time without any withdrawal cravings. Idk why this is but I'm glad for it.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
You're building up a tolerance to nicotine, just like you would with any other drug

Status
Not open for further replies.