PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jstnhwrd21

Lurker
Dec 21, 2013
Hello there. I'm fairly new to this site, and I would like to say thank you.

I have read a lot of post on this forum about pipes, and have learned so much because of it. I recently found a profound interest in pipes and wanted to learn so much so I could jump right in to the pipe smoking circle. I also wanted to become the first person to not only collect/smoke pipes, but to also craft my own (not expressly to make money). I've always had an interest in wood carving and I finally found something that kindles my interest. I am 22 years old and no one I know has known a single person who smokes or collects pipes. I have a lot of questions, and am also curious about many things, and I'm sure I'll find everything I need to know to get started on my collection and hobby. So again I say thank you, and that I appreciate all the future help from you all!

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
Welcome aboard! There's a few pipe makers on here (pretty damn good ones too) and I'm sure they can help you get started with that. This place is full of knowledge, so feel free to ask any questions you might have.

kashmir

Lifer
May 17, 2011
Northern New Jersey
Welcome to the PM Forums. Lots of neat people here, and lots of fine information. I guess the biggest challenge you'll face, aside from learning how to smoke slowly, properly taking care of your pipes, and sampling all the blends out there, will be to control your PAD (pipe acquisition disorder). It's a challenge,especially here on the forums, where we'll encourage, cajole and do our best to enable to buy yet one more pipe to add to your collection! Lol.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
Welcome aboard j. My best advice would be to search the forums for questions that you may have. I found that many questions that I had early on were asked months or years ago and there were many threads already in existence for me to read through and get my answers. If you cannot find your answer then jump in and ask away. The folks here are very patient and generous with their knowledge.
Good luck on your journey. :puffy:
Dan

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Welcome to the Forum. There are probably thousands of years experience here so ask away. I wish this technology had existed 43 years ago when I started smoking pipes. I'm sure you'll have fun here and make some good friends.

Merry Christmas and Happy Smoke Rings.

natibo

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 10, 2013
Cincinnati, OH USA
I'm new to the forums as well and would second jst. This is about the friendliest place on the internet and is chock full of helpful information. The only problem is it makes my PAD and TAD worse listening to you guys!

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
Welcome to your new home. Spend lots of time cruising the forum, looking up info. If you don't find what you're looking for, ask the question and we'll all learn from it. But we're much more than that. We share good news in our lives, and provide a steadying hand or a shoulder for support when that's called for. You are truly among friends.

jstnhwrd21

Lurker
Dec 21, 2013
Thank you all for such a warm welcome. I never expected such friendliness from a public site, but I would like to share some news. I have officially received my first real pipe yesterday on Christmas from my Dad. I'm so happy that I had to share. Thank you again for the warm welcome, and I hope you all have a wonderful new year!

Status
Not open for further replies.