Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 4, 2015
I thought unpacking clothes was bad. Time to reorganize, yet again!

v4Ypjgp.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I moved about nine times in ten years, but as time has gone on, it's been more like every 25, 30 or more years. Then stuff really accumulates. I'd be especially careful about keeping track of the pipes. If you lose one or two, they will become perfect in your imagination, and you will never have a pipe like those again. That's a nice array of tobacco. I bet there are some extra good blends in among the very good and good ones. You'll need some of that after the move, for sure.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
Yes, moving my stuff from Tacoma was a pain. I didn't see one box of stuff for 10 months... I was starting to worry something had happened to it. Hope all your stuff made it safely!!

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
After moving 5 times in ten years, I accumulated so much stuff. We got to the point where we had stuff in boxes hidden away for years. If we haven't needed it in over a year, the box gets thrown away.

randelli

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 21, 2015
Moving is horrible, with losing boxes, and damaging furniture. I always say that three moves equals a fire...

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Looks well organized to me: you got tobacco about, and an island of pipes, one of lighter fluid, perhaps some matches and lighter sort of together- even two tins of Smyrna stacked! It's a great start.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
The cellar notwithstanding, I assume? :lol:
No, even there tobacco I hate, I can't get rid of for some reason. I think about end of world type situations. Currency maybe, or if I had no more of my favorite tobacco, I would smoke it. But EVERYTHING ELSE gets thrown away.

puffy

Lifer
Dec 24, 2010
North Carolina
Many years ago when I moved back to Carolina from the frozen north.I lost a box of pipes.They were cheap pipes but after all these years I still wonder what happened to that box.

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
I still don't understand how boxes come up missing in a move. You load the boxes in a moving van, unload them at the new location. The people that are helping move don't want them.

davet

Lifer
May 9, 2015
Estey's Bridge N.B Canada
I said never again but as of two years ago they opened a rock quarry across the valley from me and plans of a competitor opening another next to it. Moving doesn't seem so bad now. :|

Status
Not open for further replies.