PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

morlader

Can't Leave
Mar 2, 2011
Cornwall UK
Went for pre-admission check up yesterday,op:is on the 22nd, (must be a new thing, didn't have one in '99 with knee replacement) and after the usual checks,blood pressure urine and blood check and respiratory soundings plus a few other prods and pokes it seems that I rate as low risk regarding GA and major surgery.They said my age (78)was a bit of a factor and I said "what about my smoking then",They said "you smoke a pipe so you are not damaging your lungs,just puff a bit slower before the Op:".It seems that I am to have a bit more than I thought,instead of just trimming the shoulder as well as tendon repair they are going to do complete joint replacement. Grandaughter is delighted,bragging points at school.Grandpa with metal knee and now metal shoulder as well,sure does increase my scrap value. :lol:
Tom

waznyf

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2012
Texas
Wow!

Hope the surgery goes well and that it doesn't negatively affect your pipe smoking ability. Maybe the recuperation time will allow for a good amount of pipe time.

I've had a surgery myself before and I was there for my grandmothers hip replacement.

I'm sure you'll be back to your normal self in no time!

Thanks for the update, and my best of wishes to you as you ready yourself for the surgery.

Happy pipe smoking friend! :puffpipe:
P.S. now you can avoid the hassle of security when going to the airport :p

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
+1

Just goes to show... The members of the medical community aren't the anti-smoke wakos.

Good luck with increasing you scrap value. :D

And... Be sure to do the P.T. It might be no fun, but it'll be worth the effort.

nobail

Might Stick Around
Dec 26, 2011
Oregon
Good luck with the replacement. Hopefully packing a pipe is part of the recovery therapy.

reichenbach

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2012
West Park, NY
Good luck and godspeed on your recovery. And congrats on being designated low risk. I suspect that's not an honor easily obtained nor readily conferred.

bailey331

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 24, 2012
Wish you the best. I had my shoulder worked on last year. I hated wearing that sling but not it works better than my other uninjured shoulder.

philip

Lifer
Oct 13, 2011
Puget Sound
...sure does increase my scrap value.

Cool! Be well and remember, when you get to Six Million Dollars you get your choice of pretty girls.

orig_c_0_articolo_428008_immagine.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.