PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ithelouniverse

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2013
West Texas
I have some haunted bookshop. It's good, but holy Moses it's stout. I'm gonna cut it with 25% burley light without the bite. I'll report back!

zekest

Lifer
Apr 1, 2013
Sounds like a smart plan.
I cut mine with low nicotine Cornell & Diehl Virginia Ribbon; I did not like the results.
Lane's BLWB does make more sense to me.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
A worthy experiment. Let us know if you can recommend it. Sometimes light aromatics work for this kind of thing -- 1-Q, LL-7, Newminster Cherry #3.

Jul 15, 2011
I have always found Haunted Bookshop to contain heart healthy levels (see also: ass loads) of nicotine. But then I regularly smoke G&H Dark Birdseye, Old Joe Krantz, and Kendal Kentucky, so stout isn't an issue for me.

ithelouniverse

Dec 30, 2013
West Texas
Oh, the original post is absolutely not a knock on haunted bookshop. I love it. Sorry if it came off as a knock. Very good stuff !

ithelouniverse

Dec 30, 2013
West Texas
Tried it! Great success. However, the first attempt at 1 part BLWB to 3 parts wasn't great. Haunted Bookshop is just so powerful it almost didn't even noticed the sweeter blend added. I finally bumped it up to 50-50. Very enjoyable! And builds great cake. It's increased in my 2 burley pipes enough that I noticed.
High recommendations!
Anyone else have something they'd try to mix it with? I'm looking to experiment!

Status
Not open for further replies.