PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
In the pipe world, we have PAD and TAD. In the music world, we have Technolust! As most of you know I got a cool new guitar. Well, you gotta get an amp right? And a Capo. And a Wah Pedal. And a tuner. And a better tuner. Well, of course now that I have plunked through the amp, I know about 6 different mods I can spend money on to make it sound even better. OOOOOOH and let's not forget there's a guy who can upgrade the bypass and sweep on that WAH!
Son of a Bitch.

crpntr1

Lifer
Dec 18, 2011
Texas
VOX makes some of the best combos you can get..enjoy the new rig. post picks once you goter all set up.

tokerpipes

Lifer
Jan 16, 2012
Eatonville, WA
INTERVENTION...to be continued. This week on E! Baronsamedi was released from Betty Ford Rehabilitation Center in hopes that the spending habits of his life have changed for the better. We caught up with him as he was leaving on Friday.
He said, "I need to find a computer right now to check PM.com and then to get on P&C." Our sources are not sure but they think he may have a relaps in the near future. Back to you Mike.

shawn

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 1, 2012
Well in the back packing world you can get a ultra light tent, a sleeping bag rated at 20 degrees below zero, water purification system, then there’s a cool chair that is so light you would never know you are lugging it around and then…….. I feel your pain. It is OK live and love brother.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
28 guitars, 8 amps, Fender Rhodes piano, 2 banjos, 1 electric violin, and a tenor uke. Pedals and cables up the wazoo and a Roland guitar synthesizer. Yeah, I feel your pain. Great, isn't it?

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
I always played my Jackson Charvel sitting right next to my Peavy 150 watter
What kind of music do you play, or as an Iron Maiden fan, do I need to ask?
To be more specific, are you coming up with your own tunes, or learning to play covers?

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
http://blackartstoneworks.blogspot.com/

The Pharaoh is the pedal in the picture I posted on Adam12's guitar thread. It's a classic fuzz and has transformed my amp without changing the tone of the guitar at all. The effect is truly unbelievable.

briarbird

Can't Leave
Dec 7, 2011
I bought mine from Analogman.com years ago. I had an Analogman sunlion but I never used the fuzz on it so I sold it for more than what I bought it for and bought the Beano boost. I also had a Klon Centaur which is supposed to be the sh&@ but to me nothing beats that Beano boost. I like that classic crunch overdrive, say something like Mike Campbell from Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers or Marc Ford when he was playing for the Black Crowes. I had an American tele and played it through a Dr. Z Maz 38 with the Analogman. Now I sold all of my electrics and I only have a few small combo amps. I plan on being buried with the Beano boost. ;)

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Zanthal I write and record all my own stuff, call it gothic metal. Sort of like the Sisters of Mercy meets Rammstein. Lately I've just been learning covers and trying to get the rust out of my playing. Last two songs were by the Cure and Foster the People. I'm looking for a new, catchy sound.

loborx

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 20, 2011
I finally broke down and built my own amplifier. It's a Weber kit modeled after the old Fender Deluxe 5E3 circuit. About 13 watts, one 12" speaker and enough tone to make you scream for mercy. Only effects I use with it are a Rat distortion pedal for heavy crunch and a Deluxe MemoryMan for "space". The other guitarist in my band has a bank of pedals, floorboards and other stuff that would put the bridge of the starship Enterprise to shame. All jacked in to a Marshall Half and his tone sounds like ass. My point? Try paring down what you think you want to what you really need and you can create tones that will really turn heads. My other guitarist is a really good musician but I always get people coming up to me asking "how did you get that tone?" It's the old K.I.S.S. rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.