PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
So I went to my local b/m to pick up my Lotus lighter that had to be sent back for a leakage problem and low and behold, it came back broken. The owner asked me if I wanted to send it back again and I said no thanks, let me see what else you have. So I perused his lighters and decided on the IM Corona. The owner lowered the price and then gave me full credit for the Lotus so it only cost me 40.00 to get into this one. I wanted a lighter with an electronic ignition because I already have an Old Boy with the flint, so I chose this one. I have never had problems with my Old Boy so I am confident that this IM Corona will also be great. It lights easily, has a really nice long tamper and it holds a good amount of fluid. So far it has performed great and I am very pleased with it. It is a heavy lighter that feels very well made.

kcvet67

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2010
I've got the same model. It's around 30 years old and more than a little battered but it still lights perfectly.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
kcvet67, 30 years that is awesome. I am now very confident mine will last as I do take care of my lighters. I should have gone with this one first and never bothered with Lotus, they are crap. Probably made in the same factory as Colibri.
Peck, I just took a gander at the black one, it is cool looking. Might have to get one for the times when I am wearing all black( a regular thing), I do like to accessorize. lol

kcvet67

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2010
kcvet67, 30 years that is awesome

I've got an Old Boy that's a couple of years older. I had the burn valve replaced at Christmas time ($9 at MCM) and it's as good as new. The fill valve on the Pipemaster has been spitting a little when I fill it so I may send that one in too. A nine dollar repair charge amortized over 30 years comes to 30 cents a year, I think I can afford that. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.