PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunplume

Might Stick Around
Aug 24, 2011
Its been quite some time for me from this forum. Lots of changes in my life, 2 new kids a wife, and a new job. Been working for Halliburton for 3 years now and I'm loving it. Oh and we bought a house. In the move my pipes got neglected in the corner. Just recently i have started again, and WOW. Hard to think i went all that time without it. Just found out my favorite Villager Midday was discontinued. Bummer..... anyway hello again and hope everyone is well!

sidious

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 30, 2014
Welcome back! I guess you'll have no choice but to start making some big baccy orders to find yourself a new favorite :wink:

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Wow! It's great to see you back, Aaron! I'm sure you'll find many of the members who were prolific posters when you first joined have almost all moved on. Shaintiques is still around often as is winton, Cortez and a few others. So make yourself at home and start meeting some of the "newer" members.
-Jason

Mar 1, 2014
It's kind of scary to think that some of these online identities we've created may be around for the rest of our lives, in my case that could be more than half a century, we just have no idea how far it can go because the internet itself is still only on its first generation.
If some of you guys would have had this forum when you were young we would probably see post counts in the millions, and your forum ID would be accepted as government ID (Or the other way around like in South Korea where all online activity is actually tied to your social insurance number).
This forum seems somewhat young in general (looks like most accounts were made in the last five years), so it's nice to see some people are in it for the long haul.

smeigs

Lifer
Jun 26, 2012
Welcome back.. I used to live in a small town in Colorado, where Halliburton was very prevalent. Lots of money in that company, hope your doing well. Happy smoking.

puffdoggie

Can't Leave
Dec 14, 2013
Welcome back cajunplume! I also enjoy Midday. Another forum member tracked down a suitable substitute - Peterson's Connoisseurs Choice. I haven't tried it myself yet but thought I would pass along the info. Pls refer to the following thread:
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/my-villiger-midday-replacement#post-717281
Dave

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
It's kind of scary to think that some of these online identities we've created may be around for the rest of our lives, in my case that could be more than half a century, we just have no idea how far it can go because the internet itself is still only on its first generation.

Case in point. My Great-Uncle got on Facebook about 3 years before he died. Every year since Facebook reminds me of his birthday. It's the only time anything gets posted on his wall. Another one is there are a few members on here whose posts and avatars live on even though they've shuffled on to the big pipe-lounge in the sky. Every now and then, an old thread will resurface and those old "faces" (avatars really) are right there and I feel happy and sad all at the same time.
Looking at it from a different angle, we are creating a massive historical database in which future generations can mine for information and to see how conflicts affected (or didn't) the global populace.
-Jason

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Welcome back to the fold. Some of us "old guys" are still around but forums are "like sands in an hourglass, so are the days of our lives."

You've only missed a couple of things.

joeval

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 5, 2013
Welcome back! Glad to see another employee of Big Red. 2 years here, UK North Sea sector.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Man, that's a world of life changes. Congratulations. Sounds like things are good. Welcome back!

bulletsnbriars

Can't Leave
Nov 9, 2013
Nashville/Williston
Hey boss,
Recent returnee as well, though not near as long and absence as you! I also work in the oil industry, leased with Halliburton a lot a year ago. Welcome back, always good folks here.

Status
Not open for further replies.