PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kamikazesasquatch

Can't Leave
Sep 30, 2011
Spent a glorious week in Europe and 4 full, action packed, fun filled weeks at home and now I'm back in good old Afghanistan. I got quite a bit of smoking done while I was gone :D The short story is that I tried about a dozen pipes and my favorites were my Vauen straight volcano, Johs bent bulldog, and a no name churchwarden I bought at my local B&M. I left out my true favorite from that list because I only got to smoke it once and it really is in a whole class by itself, but I didn't get to really try it out because I took too long to get it before I left: a Bob Gilbert (aka Staffwalker I think) original. That man truly knows how to make a beautiful, nice smoking pipe. I didn't think to get any pics but it's an amazing looking, feeling, and smoking pipe. If you're ever in the north TX area or at one of the shows where he sells then definitely stop by his table. All that being said I also tried a whole lot of different tobaccos. Of the ones I tried my favorites were (in no particular order) H&H Blackhouse, GLP Jackknife Plug, Penzance (after it sat out for a while), Escudo, and Christmas Cheer. Also, Orlik Golden Flake is an amazing smoke for the price. I also got to sample all of the JFH Middle Earth series which were all great. There's really no better way to relax than sitting by a lake in a rainstorm (under a pavilion of course) while smoking some Old Tobey out of a good churchwarden. For some reason I never thought to bust open my FVF but I guess it will just be that much better when I get home in 8 months or so :) I tried to stay away from the computer as much as possible while I was gone so I'm sure I missed some good stuff on here. Hopefully I'll be all caught up in a few days.

Jun 26, 2011
Pacific Northwest USA
Hey kami!

Remind me again how that works. Your back after being home and yet your also "back" in Afghanistan?
Sounds as though you had a fine time going through your new pipes and tobacco. Take any of it back to Afghan with ya?

kamikazesasquatch

Can't Leave
Sep 30, 2011
I was back at my real home but now I'm back at my mil home...and on the forum :) It's odd having 2 addresses. I decided not to check any luggage so I didn't take any of my pipe stuff back with me because I just didn't have space for anything else. I did ship my Sav Duca Carlo though as it was inexpensive enough that it wouldn't be a big deal if it got lost/stolen/broken. I also just ordered a coupe of MM cobs off of P&C along with enough tobacco to last me quite some time (10 tins I believe). And I've got the 2 that I had ordered for out here so I'm doing good so far :)

kamikazesasquatch

Can't Leave
Sep 30, 2011
I did very much. Actually ordered a tin of it for up here :) I think I ordered that, all the frogs, Dunhill flake, EMP, Blackhouse, Magnum Opus, Stogie, Jackknife ready rubbed, um....a few others too :)

Status
Not open for further replies.