PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

appointed

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 8, 2013
Hey folks! I hope some of y'all remember me. Been a year or so since I have been on here. I had a lot happen in a short time and just stopped coming. I apologize for that. I went through a bad breakup with my fiance, had to quit my job and also dealing with my grandfather being extremely ill. I was crushed and really down, but I have pulled through it and things are finally looking better. My grandfather is doing much better, the doctor saying it was a miracle the chemo worked so well. I started going to church regularly and have even gotten involved in it. I have been focusing on my school work and also just bettering myself. I have been trying to keep busy and I am doing quite well at the moment. I can't wait to start posting on here regularly again too.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
Welcome back. Sometimes it takes tough stuff to happen to us to get us to make the necessary changes to improve our lives.
Winton

appointed

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 8, 2013
Thanks y'all. I went through a lot to learn a few lessons. One of my favorite quotes is ignis aurum probat which is Latin for "fire tests gold". I'm really starting to turn my life around and I am beginning to find my place in the world. I've gotten closer to my parents. I've always been rather anti-social, but I have been making friends and going out and doing things. Many people have taken notice.

appointed

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 8, 2013
I love learning too much to ever stop. I oftentimes have my nose in a book. Just one of the many reasons I love pipes is because they seem to just pair so well with a good book. I am definitely trying to expand my horizons. I've been serious about bettering myself.

dread

Lifer
Jun 19, 2013
Welcome back and I hope you weathered the storm. It is part of life, but a difficult part of it none the less.

hotshot

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 26, 2014
Appointed, just now meeting you. I'm pretty new to this forum. Glad you turned to The Lord and found the peace only He can provide. May you continue to lean on God.

Now, fire up a pipe and share your experiences. God bless. Hotshot in Mississippi.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
appointed, I'm glad your life is going better and you're back on Forums.

appointed

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 8, 2013
Thanks y'all. I am glad to be back. Pipe smokers are some of the nicest and most interesting people around. Hotshot, I've had a lot of experiences so I will be sharing plenty.

msandoval858

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 11, 2012
Austin, TX
I know the feeling. I took several months off here myself last year. Life gets busy and sometimes you have to devote your time to what's more important. Glad to hear things are looking up and you've found your way back to this great community of ours!

Aug 14, 2012
Didn't miss you, appointed. Just joking. Every day I asked the gods "what hath happened to appointed." (Gods like to be addressed like that.) Joking again appointed. Hope this day will not turn into one big joke, again. Welcome back dude.

drwatson

Lifer
Aug 3, 2010
toledo
Welcome back! And always remember there are more females than males on Earth. So you will always have a choice.

johnnyiii

Can't Leave
Nov 30, 2013
hertford nc
It's also a Jesus quote you will be purified by fire into gold. We all have our own version of your story in one form or another ... Brother. My best wishes on your journey.
I'm new since you left. I love your avatar and hope to see it around.
P's it's a pretty crappy phone that auto changes Jesus name cause it ain't in the dictionary.

Status
Not open for further replies.