PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Absolutely. Family first including pets. Then Ill run and grab my Martin. My favorite pipe will obviously already be in my mouth, so then I grab the rest of my pipes and my tubs of Carter Hall.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Probably grab the Weaver because my buddy Bruce made them for me. Sentimental pieces more than smoking instruments.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
I'd stuff my pockets with my Peterson's--then the dog. Everything else would be secondary. :nana:

hextor

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 20, 2015
well my cellar of tobbacos and pipes are in a small u.p.s box, it is very organized, so all I have to do is take the box with me, in case my house is on fire.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
My laptop first, all the pipes I could throw in a box, and an antique item or two. This assumes the wife and pets are already safe.
I'd stuff my pockets with my Peterson's--then the dog. Everything else would be secondary. :nana:
Darn. My lab is too big to fit in any of my pockets! :)

litup

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 16, 2015
Sacramento, CA
If my house was on fire it would probably be because I caught it on fire while smoking. So, yeah, I'd probably grab a few on before I high-tailed it out of there.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
I'd just get out. I've worked 8 fatals since January alone because people valued stuff more than their lives.
Stuff isn't worth dying for.

I have so many other things in my life that have much more value to me than my smoking tools. And, in a fire I wouldn't have time to save them all. Besides, I have pipes laying about everywhere, the studio, my car, the garage, the barn, the back porch. It's not like I would be without any pipes at all.

Best not to put all of your eggs in one basket... spread them out a bit.

shutterbugg

Lifer
Nov 18, 2013
I'd think of nothing except us and the dogs. Homes up to current code have 1-hr rated walls between rooms, so fire takes a little time to spread throughout, but smoke asphyxiation happens fast.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
I have a red satin lined case that holds 12 pipes, all of my super nice pipes are in there. I would grab it and go. Right after I push the big cabinet full of tobacco out of the window

prairiedruid

Lifer
Jun 30, 2015
As my cellar grows I now wonder, in the case the house burns, would my smoking room go down to a fine white ash?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
By the time I got my wife, with limited mobility, out, and three cats scooted out, I doubt I'd be going back in to rescue pipes, much less leaf, although this is a good case for keeping a few favorites in a vehicle or with a family member or friend, so I could smoke and brood about it all while I was camping. I'm glad I value some of my less expensive pipes as smoking briars, so I'd be satisfied with them, despite my misery and regrets about losing the flagship puffers. A good case for fire extinguishers.

Status
Not open for further replies.