PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigmike

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2012
My wife finally agreed that I could look for a nice Dunhill Pipe. I really would like to have a size 4 or 5 root briar large bowl from the year 1953.
I call upon the vast knowledge and experience from the many helpful pipe smokers here as to where I should start my search for a nice estate pipe, at a good and fair price.
I've been watching fleBay but nothing there, at a decent price, sends me.
Thanks in Advance......BigMike

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
I looked for one from my birth year 1970. Unfortunately the one I like the best is about 7 bills out of my price range :( :
1970 Dunhill
Seriously, I know coopersark has received high recommendations and sells a lot of Dunhill's. It may take some time to get the year you want though. Coopersark

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I have bought from Coopersark and he has sold a lot of pipes for me years ago. He gets top dollar thankfully when you are selling, and I have scored a few good deals from him when buying. He does go over the pipes quite well, so when you get one it is ready to smoke.
You might want to check http://myworld.ebay.com/jamesupshallpipeco/?_trksid=p4340.l2559. He usually has good deals.

bigmike

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2012
Thanks to each of you for the suggestions and links.
A quick glance at them did not reveal a 1953 which is what I prefer but I intend to email each of them with my want list.
BigMike

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
Mike, check this site out. I bought my Dunhill Shellbriar here and am very happy with it. William is based in Denmark but is a straightshooter and is very obliging and answers emails quick as lightning! estatebriarpipes
Lots of Dunhills, but how do you tell what year the pipe was made?

Status
Not open for further replies.