If you have a HD Street bob get in here!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

delro

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 7, 2015
Hello All!

Question about my new installation of VH shot shots on my 2014 FXDB. There is only a millimeter or so of clearance between the brake pedal and the heat shield on the rear pipe. Is this normal or did I install them incorrectly? I have mid mounted factory controls. I'm worried the vibrations from the bike will cause the 2 to bump and collide causing damage.

Thanks for any input - sweet smokes and safe riding.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I don't have a Street Bob, but that sounds too close to me. I'd suggest loosening, but not removing all the fasteners. See if you can realign for more clearance, and then tighten down your fasteners. The tolerances between the header and head are pretty loosey-goosey. I bet you have that pipe cocked at a wrong angle from the head. You'd probably have 100% success on getting the right answer on a HD forum, but who knows! And btw, good choice on your mid-controls, that puts your feet somewhat under your butt for a much more comfortable riding position. All old choppers had mid's, I like the look. Lets see a picture of your bike.

delro

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 7, 2015
Thanks for the great info my friend! I contacted VH yesterday and they pretty much said the same thing. I'll have to mess with it tomorrow and find the sweet spot for alignment. I'm at work so I will try to throw a picture up after I fix the problem. Thanks again.
Also my fp3 fuel pack should be in the mail so I can flash it and I'll be all set for riding season. :D

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Yeah, those connections are oddly not very efficient, but close enough for government work I guess. I was going to ask if you tweaked the software. I assume you put a high-flow air cleaner on it as well? (might as well get all your bang for the buck!). Doing it yourself probably saved the cost of the fuel pack, at minimum!

delro

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 7, 2015
I have yet to get a new a/c, I'll probably wait until I get my tax return and use some of that 8O I didn't realize going to a full "stage 1" was so costly, luckily I have close friends who are gear heads and happy to lend me a hand.

Forgot to ask - what do you ride? Or perhaps used to ride.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
I had to read this thread twice to figure out that you're talking about a Harley Davidson. In my world of video and electronics, HD means High Definition (most common) or Hard Drive (less common). :oops:
-Jason

delro

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 7, 2015
Haha, yes I can see how HD can be easily confusing when being posted on a forum that has nothing to do with motorcycles. I apologize for that, I was hoping at least a few fellow pipers would also love the sport/hobby of riding. 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.