PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

organizedmadman

Can't Leave
Nov 8, 2011
Louisville, Ky
If you could only have four A.J. Peretti Blends what would they be?

I've heard so much about them, but haven't tried anything yet, I want to pick four of the best-loved blends to try. What will knock my socks off?

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
I was there just over a week ago and purchased three of my favorites:
Park Square (Va/Per)

Royal Blend (English)

Cuban Mixture (mix of 7 tobaccos incl. cigar leaf)
I also picked up their seasonal Thanksgiving Day Blend (mix of six tobaccos with a very light Rum/Fruit flavor) and I think it is fantastic and plan on getting some every year they offer it.
You can read reviews of their blends here: http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/search?Brand=Peretti

lochinvar

Lifer
Oct 22, 2013
Royal-My favorite. Orientals dominate. Its incense like, somewhat citrusy, lightly spicy, and so dry (the smoke not the tobacco) its like smoking the desert.
Tashkent-Heavy Latakia, great in winter. Supposedly made only from Latakia and Orientals, and you don't miss the Virginias. Like biting into a smoky piece of fine leather.
Pride of Loch Lomond- Rich, smoky and sweet. A great example of a Scottish mixture.
Cambridge Flake- Think Penzance, but better.
Read through their catalog and see what strikes your fancy. Anything you get will be top quality tobacco and come at the perfect smoking condition, moisture wise. I will admit, I am in the dark on any of their non-English offerings.

fishingandpipes

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 24, 2013
They have a new pressed cake, Blend No. 8, that I think is quite tasty. VA/Bur/Per.
1072 is also a great outdoors smoke.
333 and BPC are I believe two of their largest sellers and perfect introductions to their burley blends.
Cuban is also a classic - I've not met anyone who didn't truly enjoy it.
Unfortunately they discontinued Somerset Slice. I don't think they ever advertised it very much (I never recall seeing it on their site) but it was my favorite flake of theirs.
I'll let others speak to their Englishes, but back when I smoked them, I believe British was my favorite. Omega if you want a latakia slap in the face. But, if I had to pick 4: No. 8, 1072, 333, and Cuban.

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
I can only recommend the two I have tried, London Flake and Tashkent but both are just great smokes.

organizedmadman

Can't Leave
Nov 8, 2011
Louisville, Ky
So many! I'm definately starting with some Cuban Blend, and 333! I have a feeling I won't be able to only buy four!

@lestrout, I smoke all blends, from Aros, to English, from Lakeland, to Lat-bombs, I can always find something to like. :puffy:

fishingandpipes

Aug 24, 2013
Their Scottish Flake isn't bad but generally speaking be sure you like McClelland if you're going to go for one of their flakes.

sallow

Lifer
Jun 30, 2013
Thanks fishing. I don't mind mcclelland. So we're talking light and sharp. Is the Scottish distinctive at all, or am I better off with some black woods?

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
Today would be a good day to pick up these blends from Peretti's, as they are having the Cyber Monday special: 15% off everything and free shipping on orders over $100.

fishingandpipes

Aug 24, 2013
I did awhile back. I was told they don't sell it anymore.
I was once told that they'd be willing to "mix up a batch" but they didn't indicate the required quantity. Nor do I know how easy it would be for them to get a flake mixed up for a custom order.
It's too bad, it was / is really good stuff, it just feels like they didn't advertise it at all so no one bought it.

Status
Not open for further replies.